Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of cheapest accessories I bought so far at $54 and I'm getting alot of bang for my buck out of it. It's really handy making it super easy to secure stuff from flying around in the bed. It has sort of a dual use. It will cover the whole bed securing on each corner to the bed hooks or you can make it like a pocket keeping it clipped to the 4 hooks by the rear window. This is usefull for small items like grocery bags and such, I keep it in that position until needed otherwise for big objects. It has elastic tether cords on the perimeter so it forms over most objects nicely. I highly recommend it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Did you purchase from HA or thru your dealer parts? Been thinking of getting one, although I have the hard tonneau cover. It would come in handy on those occassions when I have to secure stuff on the bed with the cover removed.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tex's Ridge said:
Did you purchase from HA or thru your dealer parts? Been thinking of getting one, although I have the hard tonneau cover. It would come in handy on those occassions when I have to secure stuff on the bed with the cover removed.
H&A, got it two days later on standard shipping. Of course I live about 100 miles from them :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I almost picked it up at the dealer yesterday but decided to order it online for the cheaper price since it really doesn't need to be installed. I hear it is even better if you have the bed rails, anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I love mine too. I bought it a few days after I got the Ridgeline, I got internet pricing through a local dealer. I also got my bed extender at the same time. In my opinion, these are two of the most valuable accessories for increasing the flexibility and functionality of the truck.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I got a bed net on ebay for about $18 shipped. It fits the Ridge very well and has worked like a champ so far. I saw the same thing a few days after bidding on it at Big Lots for $13. I do not suppose it is as heavy duty as yours but like I said, so far it has secured everything as well as I could hope for. And for the money, it is hard to beat. I agree that a bed net is a very useful accessory.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It's a very useful accessory. I got mine the same way as coolcat. I've used it each of the ways vertrkr described, and I store it in the trunk.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have really enjoyed my cargo net. It has been great for hauling around crap for my inlaws. Bought it from my dealer, my salesman came to parts and negotiated a price of $55 for me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've enjoyed using it to hold a bicycle down in the bed. I just lay it on it's side and put the net over it. I plan to get one of the better solutions eventually discussed elsewhere in the forum, but the net does a great job.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I will be ordering one as soon as I am done scanning the new posts. Thanks for all of the feedback. I probably wouldn't have considered it if all of you guys hadn't given it such a glowing endorsement.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
My friend (and new member Arizona Ridgeliner) just bought one yesterday....I was gonna ask to borrow his for this weekend to help move my sister....but I will probably buy one as well if it works out as well as I think it will...

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Where it will really pay dividends, and I haven't had the chance to do this yet, is when I have to move some things in the bed in inclement weather. A tarp over them and the net over the tarp should take care of that problem, and the tarp won't blow around much at speed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
shovelhd said:
Where it will really pay dividends, and I haven't had the chance to do this yet, is when I have to move some things in the bed in inclement weather. A tarp over them and the net over the tarp should take care of that problem, and the tarp won't blow around much at speed.
That's what my tonneau cover is for! :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
As long as it fits under it. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
A tarp can be a great assist. Moved some silk plants for the inlaws last weekend. Laid the trees on their sides, put a tarp over them and secured it all perfectly with the cargo net. Did not lose a leaf.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I had the only cargo net at our New England meet. I'm surprised because it is a very handy item. I have used it many times already. It will secure just about any bulky item very quickly and easily. Folds and stores in the trunk taking up practically no space. Highly recommended.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
steveberger said:
I had the only cargo net at our New England meet. I'm surprised because it is a very handy item. I have used it many times already. It will secure just about any bulky item very quickly and easily. Folds and stores in the trunk taking up practically no space. Highly recommended.
Do you have more pics of the meet you can post (maybe over in Misc)?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
methodtim said:
Do you have more pics of the meet you can post (maybe over in Misc)?
Check out Connecticut/Southern New England Meet thread. It was a blast.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Um, Steve - my cargo net was in the trunk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts