Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes Honda makes one. They aren't cheap though, they msrp for like a grand at your local dealers.

But you can get one from a place like College hills Honda or Bernardi Honda and use the online parts store for around 699 plus shipping and tax.

I have the oem and find it to be fine. But there are some out there who really like the non-oem ones they have.

Link below is for Bernardi. College hills Honda is more expensive now(they want 860ish)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just bought a 2018 RTL-E. Can anyone recommend a bed cover? I’m interested in the panel kind - hard and fold open one panel at a time. Does Honda offer one or do I go through an OEM?
I got a Paragon for a variety of reasons (aluminum, multipanel folding, locks, one person removal, etc). I think there's a sticky for "Tonneau Covers" with about 300 pages of posts :) that cover the whole subject of covers exhaustively.

I just got my cover in this week - I ordered it on Aug 5th. I think the delay was because I had them color match it. While I will recommend the cover, I would not recommend having them paint it - take it to your local body shop and have them paint it (they can match your truck's color as well). Save yourself months of waiting. I wanted mine before the snow fell but it's 2 snowstorms late and it's sub-freezing weather so I'm going to have a joyful time installing it (next month because I have no spare time for the next two weeks).

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have the Honda OEM cover. I purchased it from Bernardi during one of their sales with free shipping. I've had it on for a year with no problems.
The tonneau is heavy and shipping can be expensive but it does arrive quickly.

Get the color matched tailgate lock at the same time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Honda OEM cover. I purchased it from Bernardi during one of their sales with free shipping. I've had it on for a year with no problems.
The tonneau is heavy and shipping can be expensive but it does arrive quickly.

Get the color matched tailgate lock at the same time.
Thanks guys!. I’ll check into them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I will +1 on the Peragon I ordered my Peragon actually two weeks before I even purchased my 2019 BE. Had them colour match the Crystal Pearl Black, those guys do a phenomenal job with their paintwork. Removal by one person in less than 1 minute and has an optional dual bolt lock. The company is very down to earth and committed to making their customer happy. I urge you to take a look at Peragon before settling on the OEM bed cover.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will +1 on the Peragon I ordered my Peragon actually two weeks before I even purchased my 2019 BE. Had them colour match the Crystal Pearl Black, those guys do a phenomenal job with their paintwork. Removal by one person in less than 1 minute and has an optional dual bolt lock. The company is very down to earth and committed to making their customer happy. I urge you to take a look at Peragon before settling on the OEM bed cover.
Just watch their video. Pretty cool how the panels fold down into the bed. I had Gator cover on my F150 and they folded up. Last one covered the rear window. I'll check em out. Folding down, do they hit items inside the bed?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just watch their video. Pretty cool how the panels fold down into the bed. I had Gator cover on my F150 and they folded up. Last one covered the rear window. I'll check em out. Folding down, do they hit items inside the bed?
So there are 5 aluminum panels total, they do not contact the bed when closing or opening. There is about 12-14 inches between the panels and the bed floor when they collapse. You can quickly pull the gas cylinders off the panel assembly and pull it off the rails in less than 60 seconds. Now you have the full dimensions of your bed size and you can even fit the panel assembly under the back seats! They have an optional stainless steel package for the hardware which means aluminum/stainless all around and no rust! I have installed my cover and one on my buddies RL and I can say they are super easy to install so feel free to lmk if you ever have any questions about the cover or install etc. Here are some pics of our RL’s with bed covers on.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Peragon is a great choice. Also, check out the Lomax:

If you want heavy duty, check out Diamondback covers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thinking about getting the Paragon but i need to know the measurement when open. Distance from the front of the bed to the last panel. I carry bikes almost every weekend and i need to know is there is enough space to carry bikes.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have just recently become acquainted with this truck bed cover where you could possibly carry your bikes on top of it?

Bill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes Honda makes one. They aren't cheap though, they msrp for like a grand at your local dealers.

But you can get one from a place like College hills Honda or Bernardi Honda and use the online parts store for around 699 plus shipping and tax.

I have the oem and find it to be fine. But there are some out there who really like the non-oem ones they have.

Link below is for Bernardi. College hills Honda is more expensive now(they want 860ish)

Do you happen to know the exact difference between the 08Z07-T6Z-101, and the 08Z07-T6Z-102? Seem to recall reading that the blocks that set against the panels( when folded) are bigger. On the older models there was a slight indentation from the blocks... If I recall correctly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you happen to know the exact difference between the 08Z07-T6Z-101, and the 08Z07-T6Z-102? Seem to recall reading that the blocks that set against the panels( when folded) are bigger. On the older models there was a slight indentation from the blocks... If I recall correctly.
Yes that was definitely an issue with the first model of the bed cover. I'm going to assume that the 101 was the original cover and the 102 is the updated one. I will look at my online order sheet from when I got the cover. Later tonight when I get home and I will report back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So there are 5 aluminum panels total, they do not contact the bed when closing or opening. There is about 12-14 inches between the panels and the bed floor when they collapse. You can quickly pull the gas cylinders off the panel assembly and pull it off the rails in less than 60 seconds. Now you have the full dimensions of your bed size and you can even fit the panel assembly under the back seats! They have an optional stainless steel package for the hardware which means aluminum/stainless all around and no rust! I have installed my cover and one on my buddies RL and I can say they are super easy to install so feel free to lmk if you ever have any questions about the cover or install etc. Here are some pics of our RL’s with bed covers on. View attachment 397520 View attachment 397521
Did you color match the black one? I have a black RTL-E and the finish on your cover looks much nicer than what I've seen on others.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did you color match the black one? I have a black RTL-E and the finish on your cover looks much nicer than what I've seen on others.
Yes it is Crystal Black Pearl colour matched, Peragon has an anniversary sale some months back and I managed to get 20% off the total cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, in doing my research I think the Paragon are nice but I don't think I like the looks of all those panels. I called them and was told that they could hit cargo loaded near the cab end of the bed. I'm leaning towards Lomax. However the Bak rollup kind is sweet. Problem is I don't want to spent more than $900. Does anyone know the diff between the Bak Relover X2 ans X4?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm trying to decide myself at the moment which one to get. Here's what I've learned. Initially I was set on the Peragon, until I realized to open it the front panels have to be pushed down to start the process. If anything is at the front of the bed, you'll have to open the tailgate and try to pull it towards you so the panels aren't obstructed. The Honda OEM cover does not require installing bed rails like every other cover out there. Just 4 mounting brackets that take the pace of your tie downs. I personally don't like how the Honda cover looks, and how far it sticks up. I think I've decided on the bakflip MX4, because it's a trifold but has a small panel in the front. That gives you 95% access of the bed when folded up. The other folding covers block up to 1/3rd of the bed when folded. You'd have to remove them to get full access. I also like how flush this cover is.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts