Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes Honda makes one. They aren't cheap though, they msrp for like a grand at your local dealers.

But you can get one from a place like College hills Honda or Bernardi Honda and use the online parts store for around 699 plus shipping and tax.

I have the oem and find it to be fine. But there are some out there who really like the non-oem ones they have.

Link below is for Bernardi. College hills Honda is more expensive now(they want 860ish)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I chose the undercover one piece because it is very light and easy to remove. It also locks and prevents the tailgate from being opened without lifting the cover. It's more water tight than the panel ones as well. I just did not like having to fold and secure the panels. It was installed under $1000 as well. I like the looks too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I chose the undercover one piece because it is very light and easy to remove. It also locks and prevents the tailgate from being opened without lifting the cover. It's more water tight than the panel ones as well. I just did not like having to fold and secure the panels. It was installed under $1000 as well. I like the looks too.
As long as you're happy. :)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the Extang Trifecta Signature Line bedcover for about 499.00. If fold in three sections, easy to remove if needed and looks great! Several Ridgeline owners have asked me where I got it when they saw me at Sams club and the grocery store on three different occasions in the last two weeks. The Signature series has a more traditional textile covering over vinyl so it looks classy, fits well and is super convenient. My mileage has improved by at least 2 or 3 miles per gallon as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just bought a 2018 RTL-E. Can anyone recommend a bed cover? I’m interested in the panel kind - hard and fold open one panel at a time. Does Honda offer one or do I go through an 3 party?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Do your HOMEWORK before getting a panel bed cover.

I purchase my 2018 RTL-E and the cover last year in June and was extremely happy with it until I went into a car wash.

I might as well NOT had a cove on the bed. After the first heavy rain or small shower for that matter, my bed was soaking wet and my golf clubs that were in it at the time gave me a mean look and took it out on my game..

After much thought, my wife convinced me to simply cover the joint/hinge area of the panels with "FlexTape" which waterproof my bed 99%. The only place where water comes in is at the corner of the bed on the passenger side after a HEAVY DOWNPOUR and even then it is just a few drops of water if that. I can probably fix that with a simple small patch of FlexTape underneath.

Now I will say that it takes at least two 5' 8" wide rolls of FlexTape because you have to folds on top. Then you will need a 4 inch wide roll to seal either above or underneath the cover just behind the truck window of the cover. (Approximately $50 - $60 in FlexTape)

Before my wife suggested the FlexTape, I was going to just replace the cover with a roll-up tarp but I am so GLAD I didn't because the hard cover allows me to put a considerable amount of weight on it-which is an added bonus.

However, knowing what I know now and if I had to do it again, I would purchase one of those ONE-PIECE hydraulic covers that hangs just over the side of the truck AND tailgate so that I can lock the tailgate and still have a waterproof bed with the ability to place cargo on the cover if absolutely necessary. I had one like that on my Ford Ranger many. many years ago which is why I didn't give any thought to the possibility that the folds in the panels would present a water problem.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I have a 2017 RTL and I purchased the Honda hard cover when I bought it. I’m very happy with the cover. It folds back in 3 pieces hen needed. It is on the heavy side but not so heavy it it awkward. I think the weight helps keep it from rattling around when you hit bumps and things. It pretty straightforward to remove when needed but best done by two people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2018 RTL-E. Can anyone recommend a bed cover? I’m interested in the panel kind - hard and fold open one panel at a time. Does Honda offer one or do I go through an 3 party?
I ordered an OEM cover from the dealer for my 2019 RTL-T. Remember these fold up bed covers will leak, so watch what you put in the bed. Also if you want some security install the lockable tailgate latch. Costs around $150.00 and 30 minutes to install after watching the Utube video.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered an OEM cover from the dealer for my 2019 RTL-T. Remember these fold up bed covers will leak, so watch what you put in the bed. Also if you want some security install the lockable tailgate latch. Costs around $150.00 and 30 minutes to install after watching the Utube video.
I have a 2017 black edition, put on a Literider last year, snaps tight, keeps out 99% of rain, love it. Installed myself, with help from very handy son-in-law, installation not intuitive.- Bernie

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thinking about getting the Paragon but i need to know the measurement when open. Distance from the front of the bed to the last panel. I carry bikes almost every weekend and i need to know is there is enough space to carry bikes.
View attachment 397523
I am using a BakFlip cover for mine. I’m working on a bike solution to carry them above the cover. The Thule TB60 rails fit perfectly on the side of the bed. I bolted them through the plastic bedside toppers to hidden M6 anchors under the these toppers. Next I’ll be adding the podium foot packs and then crossbars. It will hold 200# and hold 4 bikes. I’ll post pics when I get it done.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I installed a BakFlip and have been happy with it. They say it will hold 400 lbs but I have not had the guts to test it. I can remove it fairly easily if needed, and so far no leaks to speak of unless you're firing a hose at it. Mine was around $700 with a rebate.
Do you know which BakFlip model you have, and where did you buy it? I think $700 is a pretty low price.

The first RL I ever drove - a used one I was thinking of buying 8-9 years ago - had a BakFlip and it seemed like a quality item. (Drove it late morning, thought about it, called early afternoon....and it was already sold, lol.)

I now have a G2 Ridgeline. Is yours a G1 or G2?

Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
As often happens w/ me, I'm going to swim upstream a bit. After considering & reading a lot, I really prefer a solid top but the pricing for them are all pretty pricey. So, called my dealer to see if they'd sell me the OEM one at cost. I see Bernardi's has them for $679, but shipping adds another couple hundred. I like the look and I like the consistent Honda branding. If they give me a decent dealer "cost" I think that's the way I'm going.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I drive a 2018 RTL-T. Equipped with a hard, foldable bed cover specifically SOLID FOLD 2.0
By Extang. Absolutely love it!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well, in doing my research I think the Paragon are nice but I don't think I like the looks of all those panels. I called them and was told that they could hit cargo loaded near the cab end of the bed. I'm leaning towards Lomax. However the Bak rollup kind is sweet. Problem is I don't want to spent more than $900. Does anyone know the diff between the Bak Relover X2 ans X4?
I believe x4 has a nicer finish and upgraded locking mechanism. I was on this for a while too, but it takes up a lot of space when rolled up. I believe there were a couple other areas of concern too, but I've been off this one for 6mos and don't remember or want to just guess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check out Peragon, I have had them on Two different Ridgelines and like them. They fold by panel and also lock. Put the Ridgeline tailgate on and everything in the bed is safe

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm trying to decide myself at the moment which one to get. Here's what I've learned. Initially I was set on the Peragon, until I realized to open it the front panels have to be pushed down to start the process. If anything is at the front of the bed, you'll have to open the tailgate and try to pull it towards you so the panels aren't obstructed. The Honda OEM cover does not require installing bed rails like every other cover out there. Just 4 mounting brackets that take the pace of your tie downs. I personally don't like how the Honda cover looks, and how far it sticks up. I think I've decided on the bakflip MX4, because it's a trifold but has a small panel in the front. That gives you 95% access of the bed when folded up. The other folding covers block up to 1/3rd of the bed when folded. You'd have to remove them to get full access. I also like how flush this cover is.
The peragon panels do no go all the way down to the bed. There is clearance under them, I think about 9 inches

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am using a BakFlip cover for mine. I’m working on a bike solution to carry them above the cover. The Thule TB60 rails fit perfectly on the side of the bed. I bolted them through the plastic bedside toppers to hidden M6 anchors under the these toppers. Next I’ll be adding the podium foot packs and then crossbars. It will hold 200# and hold 4 bikes. I’ll post pics when I get it done.
Im very eager to see how you are getting a rail system installed over your bakFlip!

41 - 60 of 125 Posts