Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone have issues with LoMax paint? I just received my cover and both of the rail are nicked up just from being in the shipping box. The packaging it was shipped in is fine and the rest of it looks ok. The seller is going to replaced, but now I'm a little concerned about the quality of the paint.
20191203_172645 (2).jpg 20191203_172640.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I did read your excellent reviews, but to be totally honest, after watching 30 videos and reading a bunch of reviews, I forgot that your review was on the Lomax. I certainly would have added it to my short list of reasons for my decision. I went through them again. Really well done.

My cover is set to ship on 12/2. Looking forward to it.

FYI... in my past, I have been on many a forum. Mostly motorcycles, some cars. This forum seems to be up there in content and personalities of its members. I'm pleased to have found it.

Phineas...50+ cars and trucks huh? Now I have to go count, but I don't think I'll quite catch up with you. I might have 40. If I were to add motorcycles, I could probably beat you. :)
Motorcycles count!

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Anyone have issues with LoMax paint? I just received my cover and both of the rail are nicked up just from being in the shipping box. The packaging it was shipped in is fine and the rest of it looks ok. The seller is going to replaced, but now I'm a little concerned about the quality of the paint.
Sorry, I didn't have that problem. In fact, the quality of the finish is first-rate in my experience.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
.......... ps: I’ve read both that the OEM cover is and is not the Extang solid cover. It sure looks like the same cover to me. I noticed on their website they’ve added another solid folding cover for roughly the same price called Xceed. Reviews look good and it looks like a great choice also. Might be a notch better than the OEM version.
It is not 100% the same cover. It was designed slightly differently by a different team (one that probably includes the input of Honda engineers). But the parts that are the same are directly Extang parts. And I would put the sameness at 85 to 90%.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For anyone interested, here is why I ordered the Lomax:

I was very interested in the Peragon, and multiple retractable versions, but didn't like the rails on the side or not being able to remove the entire thing. I also didn't like the strap that was always going to be in the way on multiple models.

Hope it lives up to my research.

Tom
I was looking at them and they have three option for the top, black matte, diamondback and black urethane . I guess I get the diamondback but what is the difference in the urethane and matte?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was looking at them and they have three option for the top, black matte, diamondback and black urethane . I guess I get the diamondback but what is the difference in the urethane and matte?
Matte is textured flat black, quite close to the tops of the truck bed rails. Urethane black is brand new, the website makes it look more aggressively textured and more glossy.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts