Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an Extang soft tonneau cover on my 2011 Ridgeline. I also own a Honda bed extender. Here's the problem. If you just flip over the bed extender inside the bed, then it interferes with the rear latching handles of the tonneau cover. Therefore you HAVE to remove the bed extender first. My cheap and dirty workaround thus far is to just take some thick bendable wire and put a loop on each side of the bed extender and then hook the tonneau covers onto THOSE. Not pretty, but it works. Has anyone else come up with a better solution? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
That's interesting. I wonder if all tonneaus would affect the operation of the bed extender?

I've been planning on ordering one of these, but am having second thoughts now. There is also a post here regarding fasteners that come loose.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I installed an Extang soft tonneau cover on my 2011 Ridgeline. I also own a Honda bed extender. Here's the problem. If you just flip over the bed extender inside the bed, then it interferes with the rear latching handles of the tonneau cover. Therefore you HAVE to remove the bed extender first. My cheap and dirty workaround thus far is to just take some thick bendable wire and put a loop on each side of the bed extender and then hook the tonneau covers onto THOSE. Not pretty, but it works. Has anyone else come up with a better solution? Thanks
Welcome to the ROC:cheerleader: I don't think the bed extender is designed to work with tonneau covers and covers are not designed to work with extender:(

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not really apples to apples, but I have a BakFlip G2 and a OEM bed extender. I still keep the bed extender in the forward position and drop items in what I consider the "cage area" at the front of the bed. I've had the bed extender in the rear position, but flipped out onto the tailgate, hauling a loveseat recently (with all the BakFlip panels folded up to the glass of course). I don't know if I could ride around with it in the rear position lying in the bed, although I think there would be clearance for it. The reason I don't keep it there is that it interferes with my trunk operation and I'd rather have easy access to the trunk.

Long story short, you can use them together, or at least my model.

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
I have an aftermarket bed extender I bought when Pep boys were liquidating a brand of them. Picked up the one for I think a Toyota, NIB, for $40. I also have a Truxedo Pro bed cover. I've never had an issue using both at the ame time. The only time theres any problem is when I want to get into the trunk. Then I have to open the tailgate like a normal truck, open and roll back the bed extender then remove it from the brackets. I recently installed a Bedrug and that has caused the Bed Extender brackets to be a little snug. It will still work, I just have to work the Bed Extendter into the brackets.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Love your Killers Avatar DeuceRon :act035:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Never mind!

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Not really apples to apples, but I have a BakFlip G2 and a OEM bed extender. I still keep the bed extender in the forward position and drop items in what I consider the "cage area" at the front of the bed. I've had the bed extender in the rear position, but flipped out onto the tailgate, hauling a loveseat recently (with all the BakFlip panels folded up to the glass of course). I don't know if I could ride around with it in the rear position lying in the bed, although I think there would be clearance for it. The reason I don't keep it there is that it interferes with my trunk operation and I'd rather have easy access to the trunk.

Long story short, you can use them together, or at least my model.
I have a Backflip G2, and I am thinking about getting a bed extender. I would want to keep it in position at the rear of the bed, over the trunk lid, near the tailgate so I can toss my groceries in there and not have them slide to the front of the bed. when you get time, can you tell me if your backflip will close with the bed extender in that position? thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts