Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it's worth it! It's nice to use as a bed extender as well as a place to keep things from moving around back there. Since it can be placed in the front and rear of the bed, it really comes in handy a lot! Look for one on ebay & save some $.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
5S Dude,
I see the bed extender you have looks like the oem standard one. When I purchased my RL the salesman ordered the same one you have. My problem was., when I loaded ours bikes the bar would not fit around the bikes. I had him reorder the motorcycle one. Now, it fits with just a lil pushing in on each rear tire towards the middle. Looks like yours fit ok!. Is there another different bar extender?.:act002:
Nope! I get away with using the standard size bed extender because our bikes have a little shorter wheelbase than your full size Katooms.

We're a family of "Height Challenged Individuals" so we ride a CRF150, KLX125 and KLX110.

Ride Safe and Happy Camping!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like the idea of keeping the bed extender flipped over into the bed to create a little storage area where things won't go flying around. However, is it true that you can't get into the trunk area with the bed extender there? I NEED to get into the trunk often since the bulk of my tools are in there, is there any bed extender that could remain flipped into the bed and still allow the trunk to open?

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
SteelCity,
I have the Motorcycle extender and when flipped into the bed cannot use the trunk. However, when I mount it up in the front part of the bed, I Can use the trunk. Depending on what I am hauling. As you can see by the pic, when mounted up front and I open the trunk the bar raises slightly but I can still get something out of the trunk. Hope this helps.
Leo

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thank you for the reply pizzaleg.

That's unfortunate that the trunk can't be opened.

I hope that's something they address on the next redesign of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the OEM bed extender on my '08 Ridgeline RTL & used often for long boards, fence rails,etc. You have to remove it to access the trunk, but it's quick & easy. I actually wore out the plastic parts & rubber feet, but I worked the truck daily.
I'm looking for one for my '17 RTL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guess that it all depends on what you're hauling! ;) Mine spends most of the time in the garage (whereas my bungee cords and tie-down straps are always in the trunk) but at times it has come in pretty handy.

Pros:
  • Once the brackets & snaps are installed it's very easy to mount/dismount and equally easy to use.
  • Easiest way that I know of to haul something bulky (bags of mulch, firewood, boxed cargo, etc.) that might want to slide out without having to tie it down.
  • More secure than tieing down with rope or bungee cords.
  • Fits under a BakFlip (and, I presume, other tonneau covers).
Cons:
  • Way more expensive than rope or ratchet-style tie-down straps.
  • Have to dismount to open the trunk.
  • Limits the length of what you're able to haul.
  • I wouldn't trust it as the sole means of holding something really heavy.
so my concern is that it will fit with the BakFlip cover on correct ?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts