Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's just me but does anyone else leave the bed extender in your Ridge (mine's pretty much always in the front of the bed position) and hear the straps blowing and hitting against the extender when the back window's open?

I've tried wrapping the straps in that plastic trim piece that's over the strap connection but the strap doesn't stay wrapped up. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or need not to be so anal....... :confused:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I also have a bed extender set in the forward position in the bed of my truck. I have never heard the straps making noise. There is not much wind in that area of the bed. But I will listen on my next drive.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great pictures. Thanks I'll try putting my straps in that position.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did your truck come with the striping on the side, or did you do this yourself?

L

·
0 Posts
hornet224 said:
Try this, it works for me.

hornet224
RTL Nitehawk Black
Welcome Hornet. She sure is pretty. Took my breath away. Thanks for joining the ROC family.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I didn't even realize there were straps on the extender - just had to go out to check :) So no, it doesn't cause any noise here.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Re: Bed extender straps - blowing' in the wind

I roll mine around and use the included clip to hold it all together (kinda hard to explain). Then I slide them to the front, where it attachés to the bed.

A picture would explain a lot better.....

TL

·
Registered
101 Posts
Since I didn't realize the straps where there I also wonder what the snaps on the straps are supposed to do....

·
Registered
720 Posts
PAP said:
Since I didn't realize the straps where there I also wonder what the snaps on the straps are supposed to do....
The straps snap to the tailgate. (bed extender positioned on top of the tailgate)

The straps secure the bed extender to the RL.

The straps are not used when using the other two possible Bed extender positions.

Does that clear it up?

TL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts