Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating the bed extender, looks very cool and I love the variety of ways it can be uses. Personally, I think having it attached to the forward section of the cab is actually the most useful!

Anyway, do any of you have one installed? Do you like it?

Also, any DIY'ers put this one in? I would have thought it was a simple bolt-on job, but I downloaded the installation instructions and was surprised (and scared ) to see that I needed to drill some holes in my truck. Not something I'm really confortable doing ...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I find it very handy. I use it inside more than on the tailgate. For me it's worth every penny. I had mine installed by the dealer .

Tiger

L

·
0 Posts
Tiger said:
I find it very handy. I use it inside more than on the tailgate. For me it's worth every penny. I had mine installed by the dealer .

Tiger
Me too!! Ditto!! Only I installed my own.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I also have the bed extender installed in my truck. It was installed by the dealer as part of the lifestyle package. It has been fairly useful although a little poor quality if you ask me. It slides apart too easily and the button on the tailgate fell off on mine and I had to have it repaired. Luckily I found the button and threw it into the armrest because they were able to reuse it since it was just a nut that had fallen off.

So asside from the build quality which I question, I really do like the extender. Very handy for my trip up north as I was able to put a bunch of stuff inside it (in front position) while I had some furniture on the other side of it strapped down to the bed. One thing that would have been cool is if there were lower rails that allowed you to slide the extender to almost any position, but I guess I am asking for too much ;).

·
Registered
146 Posts
captmiddy said:
... It slides apart too easily and the button on the tailgate fell off on mine and I had to have it repaired..
Sounds like it wasn't assembled correctly. The screws that tighten the rails together use a wedge like jamb against the rails. When tight, there is no way to slide the rails.

I love mine. It lives in the forward position most of the time--which allows full access to the trunk.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very handy and useful. Wifey surprised me and had it done by the dealer while I was off to work. No problems with install, works perfectly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
captmiddy said:
I also have the bed extender installed in my truck. It was installed by the dealer as part of the lifestyle package. It has been fairly useful although a little poor quality if you ask me. It slides apart too easily and the button on the tailgate fell off on mine and I had to have it repaired. Luckily I found the button and threw it into the armrest because they were able to reuse it since it was just a nut that had fallen off.

So asside from the build quality which I question, I really do like the extender. Very handy for my trip up north as I was able to put a bunch of stuff inside it (in front position) while I had some furniture on the other side of it strapped down to the bed. One thing that would have been cool is if there were lower rails that allowed you to slide the extender to almost any position, but I guess I am asking for too much ;).

Capt, I too am in Eastern Mass. I am going to buy a Ridgeline this fall. Which dealer did you buy from? Are you happy with your experience at this particular dealer or not? Curious as to your opinions.

Thanks,

·
Registered
146 Posts
L

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
mmcporter said:
Capt, I too am in Eastern Mass. I am going to buy a Ridgeline this fall. Which dealer did you buy from? Are you happy with your experience at this particular dealer or not? Curious as to your opinions.

Thanks,
I am okay with my dealer, I bought from Bernardi in Framingham. I will say I didn't get the best deal there, Atamian up in northern Mass had a much better price by about $2k, but they gave me the price late after I had already put in a deposit and signed the paperwork. But as you can see, my accessories have been anything but correctly handled. They have gone a long way to trying to correct for their errors but not far enough. In fact based on the thread here, looks like I need to make another call down to get another part corrected.

I should not that this is my second car from the same dealership. And I am still not real sure why I bought the second car from them really, but they did offer the most up front deal and where good all the way through the buying process but their prep department and service department concern me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey kd4z, been meaning to say "thanks" for taking the time to post the install on the extender, that was very helpful. Not heading to Austin this weekend by any chance?? ;) ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yer' we'com' partner! Glad to help. Na, that Austin sign is was a "gift" from a college roommate. It refers to my middle name! Austin is a "far piece" from HotLanta for a day trip :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bought mine from H&A and was a snap to assemble and install.
Use it in the front and back position equally...mj

·
Registered
82 Posts
I LOVE the bed extander.. the ONLY installation flaw i see with it, is that when secured over the tailgate, weather swung out over an open tailgate, or in side a closed tailgate... either way you still can not open the trunk. i figured at least when open over the tailgate you might be able to. but no.. just a thought. STILL very worth it. Ive been moving this weekend and its been VERY usefull.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts