Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the extender installed on Friday. I know this is an easy one (install) but my beautiful wife insisted on paying the labor chg, and who am I to argue?

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
No, you cannot open the trunk with it flipped back into the bed. It has additional mounting brackets at the front of the bed, which allows full access to the trunk.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct Grok, and that is where I primarily keep it. Seems to be a useful tool to keep things from rolling around back there without havung to use the cargo net, which incidently, I highly recommend.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. :D

I still haven't decided if I am going to get it or not. No rush, I will wait and see if a need develops.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It's the only addition I have so far - and it is great. Jules' picture doesn't show the straps attached to the tailgate, though you can see the straps and the snaps if you look carefully.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My new bed extender is great. Just one caution. I hadn't read this forum first, so I didn't know they were going to install front mounting brackets too. They are handy if you're going to keep the extender in the truck for extended periods, but I don't. It's easy to remove and store in the garage. Anyway, I'd rather have the front tie-downs on the bed floor. The dealer removed them to install the front mounting brackets, and kept them. Fortunately they still had them when I went back in a few days later. It's easy to swap the parts out with a Torx T50 driver.

·
Registered
33 Posts
VaVet96 said:
My new bed extender is great. Just one caution. I hadn't read this forum first, so I didn't know they were going to install front mounting brackets too. They are handy if you're going to keep the extender in the truck for extended periods, but I don't. It's easy to remove and store in the garage. Anyway, I'd rather have the front tie-downs on the bed floor. The dealer removed them to install the front mounting brackets, and kept them. Fortunately they still had them when I went back in a few days later. It's easy to swap the parts out with a Torx T50 driver.
Hey VaVet96,
My truck still has the existing front tie down brackets with the bed extender brackets attached. I use the hole in the tie down bracket to lock the bed extender to the truck using Kryptonite cable locks. It works well and deters people from walking off with your bed extender.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
VaVet96 - whether or not your dealership meant to they were screwing you.

The instructions clearly state:
"8. Install the left bracket and the left front lower tie-down hook using the two Torx bolts you removed."

Here is the full set of instructions:
http://www.handaaccessories.com/ridgeline/bedextender.pdf

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks guys, I'll reinstall - the right way! I've been reading the instructions on several of the more complicated installs, but never thought I'd need to on this - especially since it was dealer installed! Lesson learned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts