Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the bed extender and its easy. It's like the other writer said just unlatch it and move it to either the front or back and snap it back in.. It takes 10 seconds. Its a nice feature. I haven't used it as a bed extender yet but its nice keeping it full time near the window. Its keeps your property from sliding all over the bed of the trunk.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very easy,
you don't even have to unlatch it if you rotate it up to the vertical position and pull up it come out easy. I love mine ,security is an issue because it is so easy to move I have secured it with a cable lock . It also gets in the way of the in bed trunk when it is in the back position .

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
conchflats said:
Very easy,
you don't even have to unlatch it if you rotate it up to the vertical position and pull up it come out easy. I love mine ,security is an issue because it is so easy to move I have secured it with a cable lock . It also gets in the way of the in bed trunk when it is in the back position .
I have the bed extender as well...what brand cable lock do you use and where did you get it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have any of you installed the brackets for the bed extender to connect by the tailgate? Just wondering how easy it is to install and whether there was drilling involved.

·
Registered
51 Posts
bongus said:
I have the bed extender as well...what brand cable lock do you use and where did you get it?
I use a straight cable(not those pre wound ones) I bought from a bike shop it is 6' long with loops at the end made by Kryptonite .I lock it to one of the tie downs .

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Is the bed extender too big to put in the trunk bed? Does it retract? I was curious about security for it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The bed extender does not fit in the trunk. I tried. And it is not collapsable unless you want to disassemble it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the dealer install my bed extender. But no one has stated that you can not get into the bed trunk without moving the extender either up front or out of the truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts