Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find a sug fix for the interior of my bed leaking. It has always leaked a little but lately I am noticing more coming through. Not necessarily from the shell but more from the bottom of the bed liner where it joins the front bed wall. I plan to seal this up but before I do just wanted to see if anybody else has encountered this issue and how they fixed it.

45D63520-DF01-4E2E-8B49-8647B6110746.jpeg C4250796-5666-4366-B643-C4C17646D660.png B5A8048F-D902-4BA7-A0CD-205367E4E2E6.png

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Frustrating problem for canopy owners with no consistent solution. Are those dark lines down the sides below the tie down hooks also water tracks? Maybe the Leer bulb seal is deforming with time and starting to let water through? Is it possible that your canopy anchors are pinching the bulb seal too much? But that doesn't explain water coming up from the bed liner seams, so I agree that the drain holes below the front of the bed could be plugged enough to cause water backing up.

Honda's design for draining water off the roof and back window sill into the bed and then out the bed drains causes major headaches for anyone wanting to cover the bed and keep it dry. I wish there was a work-around to address this, but no one seems to have come up with a good fix. You can seal the two weep holes at the base of the back window but that means drain water will build up on the sill and challenge the lip seal on the front of your canopy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, yes water is leaking slightly around the bed hooks but that is minimal compared to the other areas. I guess I should go look at a new truck and see if the gap between the bed liner and the front wall is different than mine. I can see several holes in the gap but obviously under a hard rain it is coming into the bed so it is not all going out thru the holes. It looks like I can seal between the two and not plug those holes but I wanted to see if anybody else has done that before I do. A few threads mentioned Butyl tape so I guess I’ll give that a go 1st.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
To be clear, the weep holes at the base of the rear window are not the two expansion slots in the front rail. Butyl has been used to seal the slots when mounting a tonneau or topper, but I think caulk is most often used on the weep holes. If you are talking about sealing areas on the floor of the bed, I don't know what to tell you and would defer to someone else for advice. Maybe someday we will have a diagram showing how Honda intended water to drain from various parts of the truck. It's something of a mystery to most of us.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The easiest solution is to put in a bed mat. The water will be under the mat and you’ll never see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
Water is coming in thru the two holes in the back window. You will need to plug/seal them. When they over flow the seep into the bed floor.

Their is a great post with pictures and diy using caulk to seal it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
More info in this thread to seal the corners.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts