Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of the best brand.. theres so many out there and i see some have bad reviews due to, "chalking" anyone have any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Reactions: news2u

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
Man I hadn't seen that, I wonder if he disassembles the bed/tailgate to spray it.

Also I wonder if I could find someone who would do it for less if I did all the disassembly

"Speed" why oh why do you have to show me stuff like this.

·
Super Moderator
22,592 Posts
As Black Prince told me recently when I accused him of being an enabler rather that part my support group, "We all have a role to play..."

:act027:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Also I wonder if I could find someone who would do it for less if I did all the disassembly
You'd have to ask yourself if a disassembly job is what you really want. The liner guy would need to prep and set up these pieces to spray individually usually in the same "booth".
Removal of the tie-down hardware is typical and sometimes the tailgate.
I've used Speedliner for years and had no problem with it. I have also used Raptorliner as it is WAY easier for clean-up but is not as durable. No UV issues with either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Personally, I would have it Line-X'd by 4LINEX. Good thing he's in Fort Worth, TX or I might be tempted beyond my ability to resist!

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=138756&postcount=97

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=424603&postcount=9

But hey, it's a truck and white scratches in the bed trump rust scratches any day of the week in my opinion.
When I got mine some Years ago I was trying to find Linex dealer to do mine and they didn't wanna do it because the bed was composite and was not going to stick as good as on steel and was not going to have the same warranty. Also somebody wrote somewhere that LineX is heavy and the in bed trunk lead springs were not strong enough to hold it after been sprayed. Do you guys know if this situation is change and if not what you use on yours. All the sudden I'm in love with my truck again and want to get it done. And the picture above looks awesome. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,592 Posts
NO idea. I haven't seen any interest in this subject for years. My 10 year old RL bed remains stock.

Reactions: DOB

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,339 Posts
That looks great @news2u. I would certainly considering do that finish if I still had my G1.

Reactions: news2u
1 - 14 of 14 Posts