Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one installed a side bed rail system. Similar to what is on the Tacoma. I’ve seen a few on the market. Checking to see what ideas some may have come up with. It’s a nice feature and there are bolts along the entire inside bed parimeter to fasten a rail onto. Any insight?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here's mine. Still a work in progress. Uses a low profile anodized aluminum rail and attaches to existing screw holes.
The most accessible area is close to the tailgate but the trunk lid needs to clear any mounting points.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I work for a company that makes mounting products for the Fire/Rescue, EMS, Military, Police and utility markets.
We haven't entered the retail truck market yet. All of the mounting items shown, we make, including the aluminum rail. It is my goal to develop a kit for bed rails in pickup trucks. I don't know when this will happen but most of the products are available to work with if you are handy. We only sell through our dealers right now. Our offerings are premium products so don't freak out over the prices. Made in USA and lifetime guarantee.

I am planning on at least having instructions and part numbers etc. to offer ROC members once I am satisfied with my installation and use.

If anyone is interested in our stuff you can see it here:

https://pactoolmounts.com/additional-mounting-products-accessories/

I am introducing this product to the ROC community because you are a creative bunch if not brutally honest in your evaluations.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great. I would definitely be interested in what you have for myself. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
62 Posts
@Designer I definitely would be interested in the dimensions/products that you used for the cargo bar. I am the OP from the Tacoma bed rail mod linked above, and making a sliding cargo bar was my main hope with the set up. Any details would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,842 Posts
Looks like quality gear. I love the idea and would love it even more if Honda adopted it.

I'd be all over you for info except that my tonneau's rails useif the same three side bolt holes you used.

If tonneau makers were smart, they would sell accessories like this bucket belt and flashlight attachment that worked with their rails.

More importantly, the Ridgeline is in desperate need of a standard track system or rail that accessory makers know will be there. I've owned several Tacoma's, and while I don't think their track system is anything special, it makes a huge difference that it's there on the truck. Honda should have done the same with the G2. Of course, even better, would be something under the bed rail that allowed conventional truck bed clamps to be used.

·
Registered
45 Posts
@Designer that looks mint! I used to have a '07 Frontier and the rail system was incredible.
When I bought my '19 Ridgeline, I was actually surprised that it did not have something similar.
Basically, the Ridgeline has couple of hooks and a chunk of rope...but with no rope LOL

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Frontier/Titans are great (having had both). I was debating once I get my ridge, pulling a set off a junkyard frontier/titan. Then you have a nice set of tiedown cleats too. I made all sorts of bike, winch etc attachments for them!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Frontier/Titans are great (having had both). I was debating once I get my ridge, pulling a set off a junkyard frontier/titan. Then you have a nice set of tiedown cleats too. I made all sorts of bike, winch etc attachments for them!
When I got rid of my Frontier (engine/tranny went on it...sold it at an auction) I kept the cleats just because they were awesome. Totally useless now, but you never know...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Frontier bed rail system is hands down the best out there for sure. I thought I'd really miss mine and I was surprised the RL didn't have any type of rail system as well but so far I've gotten by with the tie downs, the one rope I carry in the trunk and the array of bunggies I keep with me (where the power outlet should have been in my RTL-T ;))

·
Super Moderator
5,040 Posts
I was wondering if you think this system will work with the Bakflip or UltraFlex tonneau cover rails. Would the clamps for the rails intrude into the area where the PAC bars sit? Thank you.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,373 Posts
That PAC system looks neat (I like that the rail is aluminum) (y)

For folks finding this thread in search of 'solutions', other alternatives, in addition to the Tacoma system linked in post 2 above:

Just cross-linking here FYI, IMO each 'system' has it's own pros-and-cons, having different choices is good! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts