1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Has anyone found a mat or rug for the box yet? I have had a Bedrug in the past and really liked it. They are working on one, but do not know the timing. I do not so much worry about protecting the bed as saving my knees. I suspect the trunk complicates the design a bit, but should not be a big problem. Or other options?

Bedrug Bedliners and Truck Bed Liners BedRug - Next Generation Bedliner

Or

BedRug Bed Mat for Trucks without a Bed Liner BedRug - Next Generation Bedliner
Wish I would have got the Bed Rug for my "06" they are great. They have been around for many years. My brother had one in his Taco years ago and used it just like any other truck bed (dirt, rocks, sod, gas cans, let alone sleeping on it ect) and it held up for years just wash it out. Id wait for one, if I do purchase a new RL this is on the top of the list and would fit the truck very nice since most dont use the box like any other truck but I would.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Facebook post by BedRug states mat and liner will be ready for release for the G2 Ridgeline by Jan 1, 2017.

·
Registered
179 Posts
rug over mat is much better on knees.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Use interlocking gym mat pads that you can easily find
They fit perfectly to the bed width and you can cut them to length
They protect your knees stop objects from sliding around
Scroll to bottom of my leer cap and alternate tailgate lock post for photos
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...2g-2017/153617-leer-cap-locking-tailgate.html
I have done this and have learned the hard way that with this setup the mats get airborne easily. I've sort of secured them but will eventually buy a bed mat as they hit the market. It cost less than 20 bucks to do the whole bed. I secured the mat to the the bed in the front using some scarp wire through the tie downs and in the rear, I use a cambuckle through the tiedowns that acts like a barrier when the mat lifts at highway speeds. The mats work great though, I purchased some pavers and fortunately the mats worked great and they didn't slide around.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I went to a local rubber supplier and had him cut a piece of neoprene rubber 1/4" x 4' x 5'. I can put anything in there and it stays put in comparison to the stock material where nothing stays put without tie down. Cost around $65, very pleased.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
If you are able to wait for the bedrug, you won't be disappointed. I had it on my G1 RL and loved it. No issues at all with the in bed trunk and bedrug.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you are able to wait for the bedrug, you won't be disappointed. I had it on my G1 RL and loved it. No issues at all with the in bed trunk and bedrug.
I agree, the BedRug is the BEST.

Again, I've had everything in the past...from drop in plastic liners ('92 Ford that sanded down the metal bed & then rusted underneath)...spray in liners (which I never did again after watching the process of taking a grinder to our then new $34K '97 Cummins bed :eek:)...to rubber matts...then BedRug Liners in our '05 & '11 Tundras.

We LOVED the BedRug Liners the best...in part...because they made a very nice flat surface that was VERY easy on the knees, and cargo seemed to stay in place, too. Plus, they proved to be bullet proof...spilled oil on BedRug Liners, put a literal Ton of Rocks in and on them. Then when we bought our Tacoma and its composite bed we went with a Toyota Stock Rubber Mat (not near as good again).

I had not seen the BedRug Mats until today...I think we'll get one of those for the RL as we really don't need the FULL Bed Liner (again with the superior composite bed in the RL). The BedRug Mat looks like it would be easy to remove when we want a "slicker" surface and don't want to pressure wash the BedRug. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yea I'd seen that...I have not yet seen any pictures of how it works with the In Bed Trunk. I've written BedRug, but they have not yet responded.

I'd be VERY interested in the BedRug Mat BMH17RBS as I'm not very concerned about the sides of the bed itself, more my knees and grippier "softer" surface for more delicate loads. :)
It is two piece and allows for full operation of the trunk. My only concern would be the effect of the added weight on the trunk lid.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It is two piece and allows for full operation of the trunk. My only concern would be the effect of the added weight on the trunk lid.
Now you're spawning more questions from me! :)

• So you've seen pictures or just heard that it is two (2) pieces?

• Does it have slits in the front, so that the front ties downs are still there?

• Have you already order it? If so, would you be so kind as to post pictures you've seen, or when it comes?

When I get home later, I'll have to feel the tension on my wife's RL trunk lid when open. I would think it would be fine...I remember when a whole "bed liner" version of the BedRug was all together (in our '05 & '11 Tundras) it had some weight, but not too much. I'd think a lil' velcro and formfitting BedRug (BR) Mat would be fine.

I think with how we use the RL, we'd probably be taking the BR Mat in and out...as my wife likes digging in the dirt, but then the BR Mat would be great for when I barrow the RL or we go camping. ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Now you're spawning more questions from me! :)

• So you've seen pictures or just heard that it is two (2) pieces?

• Does it have slits in the front, so that the front ties downs are still there?

• Have you already order it? If so, would you be so kind as to post pictures you've seen, or when it comes?

When I get home later, I'll have to feel the tension on my wife's RL trunk lid when open. I would think it would be fine...I remember when a whole "bed liner" version of the BedRug was all together (in our '05 & '11 Tundras) it had some weight, but not too much. I'd think a lil' velcro and formfitting BedRug (BR) Mat would be fine.

I think with how we use the RL, we'd probably be taking the BR Mat in and out...as my wife likes digging in the dirt, but then the BR Mat would be great for when I barrow the RL or we go camping. ;)
I remember another thread where Bedrug told a member that it will be two pieces to accomodate the trunk (it'd be very silly for them not to do that of course). Also, Summit's description says the same thing... "Bed Liner BEDRUG HONDA 17+ RIDGELINE (2PC FLOOR ACCOMIDATES FULL USE OF TRUNK)"
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bed-brh17rbk

I have not ordered yet. I'm waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig :) I'm a little put off by the price, so I may look to make something. If folks come back singing praises then maybe I'll go for it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You can order the Bedrug bed and tail gate mats as a set now from Tonneaucoversworld.com (https://tonneaucoversworld.com/shop...mat-and-tailgate-mat-combo-kit-cbmh17rbs.html). Bedrug told me first lot will be made end of December. The salesman with whom I spoke at Tonneau Covers World gave me $10 off the posted price (i.e., $189 vs $199) and indicated he would do the same for others who call their order in vs make it online.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I remember another thread where Bedrug told a member that it will be two pieces to accomodate the trunk (it'd be very silly for them not to do that of course). Also, Summit's description says the same thing... "Bed Liner BEDRUG HONDA 17+ RIDGELINE (2PC FLOOR ACCOMIDATES FULL USE OF TRUNK)"
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bed-brh17rbk

I have not ordered yet. I'm waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig :) I'm a little put off by the price, so I may look to make something. If folks come back singing praises then maybe I'll go for it.
No problem, I don't blame you...until there are some official pictures. I like to research everything out completely before I buy anything. :)

I'm really thinking I'd just want the BR Mat without the tailgate mat or the "Full Liner" versions. With other trucks I had liked the way the whole system had no gap for stuff to fall through between the tailgate and the bed. And the two Tundras, where I had the Full BedRug "Bed Liner", both of those had painted beds (so the Full BedRug was my whole liner).

However, with the RL and its tailgate that swings wide open...and there is no paint to scratch with a bullet proof bed...I really don't see the need for the tailgate pad or the "Full Bed Liner" (for our uses anyway). I just want a mat for my knees and occasional laying on to watch the stars or shooting meteors. :)

So, I'll check with the www.SalemOffRoadCenter.com people and they are right here in our town. I think just the mat all by itself is about $125-$150, but I'll know for sure soon.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
328 Posts
FYI, I went ahead and ordered one. Looks like it won't ship til the end of the year. I'll report back. I just got the bed portion and the tailgate cover, no sides, I ordered from Summit since they have a store in my city.

·
Registered
340 Posts
FYI, I went ahead and ordered one. Looks like it won't ship til the end of the year. I'll report back. I just got the bed portion and the tailgate cover, no sides, I ordered from Summit since they have a store in my city.
Good to know thanks @cdubculvy

I heard back from the boyz at Salem Off Road...they said they'd called BedRug and were told it would January before the BedRug Mat would be ready to go.

So we will see. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts