Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw a thread where someone said they saw the touch-up kit. Does anyone have a link?

Trevor - Will H&A stock it? Did you guys try it to see how well it worked?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here is what I posted on this previously about this topic in the owner's manual.

Page 187:
Pickup Bed Repair: Your vehicle's pickup bed has a rust resistant surface. To repair small chips and scratches in the bed, a repair kit is available from your dealer. More extensive damage should be repaired by your dealer. To avoid problems with the In-Bed Trunk lid, do not use spray in bed liner products.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The only problem a spray on bed liner will cause is a loss of renewable revenue for the Honda Dealer to repair small scratches and gouges in the "composit"/fiberglass panels, I'm still thinking hard about line-x, what will honda do take away the non existant warranty on the composit panels?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Gonzo said:
The only problem a spray on bed liner will cause is a loss of renewable revenue for the Honda Dealer to repair small scratches and gouges in the "composit"/fiberglass panels, I'm still thinking hard about line-x, what will honda do take away the non existant warranty on the composit panels?
Previous people have posted that it will interfere with opening and closing the trunk.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Line-X dealer and application person inspected the truck and the application will not affect the opening of the bed trunk, I agree that the coating may affect the ability for the trunk to stay open (small price to pay) I think I will be able to install a gas shock similar to the one that holds the tail of the element open that will resolve that problem, wish honda put gas openers on the hood of the Ridge similar to the Accord!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Re: Bed Scratch Repair Kit/ Problem with bed.

Hauled some landscaping stones today and the bed scatched up pretty bad. Wasn't expecting the scatching that happened. Very fragile top coating. No dents and nothing else, but the black top coating is definitely cosmetic only. Oh well, if nothing else, the "establishment" guys will at least see that we are are using our "trucks" like "trucks"! :D

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
is it possible to install a stronger type of flex wire for the trunk? to compensate for the weight that is added on the bed i.e. spray bed liner? just a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
White Scratches In The Bed

Does anyone have any experience with the bed repair kit that is supposed to be available at Honda dealers? The scratches aren't of great concern but it might be worth a few dollars to remove/cover over them.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Gail, I took the liberty to merge your thread with one that was already in existence about this same topic.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is a disgustingly easy bed to scratch. I've toted a electric scooter twice(simple $150 costo kids special) that scratched the heck out of it. This never happened in my previous Nissan Titan! On one hand the bed test was supposed to make us feel like our bed was up to "real truck" standards but guys (and gals), no real truck bed scratches this easily. I've owned Nissan and Toyota truck. It might be cosmetic but it really pisses me off!

Cal Silver RTL/SR

·
Registered
363 Posts
Most Honda trunks have about three different tension levels for the bars that hold the lid open. I imagine this would also apply to the trunk lid. If this is the case, you may be able to move the tension bars to the next higher level in order to support the additional weight of a bed liner. If the Ridgeline has these, and if you try to adjust them, BE CAREFUL as there is alot of tension built up in those bars and you could get hurt. I whacked my knuckles pretty good with them when I was installing the new bars for my spoiler, and damn near hit myself in the face, so either get the tool through H&A, or use some vice grips. I recommend the tool over vice grips though.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I just ordered a bed mat that I will cut to length and then score or slice 1/2 way where the trunk opening is so it folds back when I need to get in the trunck

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Maybearridge, Bigridge,

Where did you buy your mats? Can you post a pic in the future?

Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The mat i bought is 5'x 9' being the bed is is 5' long i just laid it down and cut the excess off at the tail gate then i cut the pattern of the bed to the trunk onto the mat worked great ;) ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yep I got a Mat too, it helps keep things from sliding around and you can still easily get into the trunk by flipping it up. I only use it when I pick things up, other than that its on my garage floor under the truck itself.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Thanks Maybeardige. Look forward to seeing a pic :D

1 - 20 of 75 Posts