Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some days ago, I was meddling with some settings in the menu. After that, the truck beeps many times (a long string of beeps, maybe 7 or 8 times or even more) when I close the door and leave the truck. But sometimes, it does not make any beeps at all, even I forget the key inside the truck. I could not find out which setting change cause the problem. o_OAnyone could shed a light on it? Thank you!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Some days ago, I was meddling with some settings in the menu. After that, the truck beeps many times (a long string of beeps, maybe 7 or 8 times or even more) when I close the door and leave the truck. But sometimes, it does not make any beeps at all, even I forget the key inside the truck. I could not find out which setting change cause the problem. o_OAnyone could shed a light on it? Thank you!
It's probably the Walk Away Auto Lock setting. Mine beeps like that when I walk away fast while swinging the door closed in stride.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's probably the Walk Away Auto Lock setting. Mine beeps like that when I walk away fast while swinging the door closed in stride.

Great, thank you for the answer. So can I turn on the Auto Lock without that funny notification?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great, thank you for the answer. So can I turn on the Auto Lock without that funny notification?
I don't think so. I just stand by the driver's door for 1 second after all doors are closed and wait for that first confirmation beep. After that, you can walk away and you should hear the second beep that locks the doors.

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
606 Posts
I don't think so. I just stand by the driver's door for 1 second after all doors are closed and wait for that first confirmation beep. After that, you can walk away and you should hear the second beep that locks the doors.

This what I do also. It also helps to have the key FOB in a pocket with nothing else in it. Putting it in a pocket with a cell phone or other stuff tends to shield the FOB from the signal so the Ridgeline and the FOB don’t communicate properly.

·
Premium Member
2020 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
33 Posts
Multiple beeps indicate that the door did not auto-lock. There are many scenarios that will cause this. Including cell phone shielding car left on or in accessory mode. Door ajar and walking away to fast. I usually just open and close the door again and wait for the normal 2 beeps. Carrying the key fob alone in the coin pocket of my pants works great for the most part as the cellphone is usually my problem.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,020 Posts
By the way, do not expect the autolock feature to work everytime. On my Odyssey, it works like 10% of the time. I am just conditioned to just press the lock button on the remote to ensure that its locked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts