Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a new 2017 RTL-E, Deep Scarlet Pearl color. It only comes with beige leather. I had beige leather on a previous 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe and it was prone to showing dirt and even a bluish stain which some owners claimed was from blue jeans, others saying it was a bad dye job on the leather. My question for beige leather owners: Is it hard to keep clean?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mine cleans easily. I have the Scarlet E with beige . I use 303 products only. Had beige leather in my F-150 Kings Ranch and it did the blue thing from jeans., but cleaned right off with 303 leather cleaner. I treat my leather with 303 conditioner in my RL, my hot rods and my boat and never have a problem cleaning the light color leather and vinyl.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Last year when we went shopping for a new car for my wife, we zeroed in on an Accord Touring. The dealership had a good choice of colors on the lot but we realized we really preferred the beige or grey two tone interiors over the solid black interiors. Plus, prior to getting my Ridgeline, I had an Audi A4 metallic grey exterior with black interior. I like black interiors in sporty cars, but it's my least favorite color for a truck interior since it shows every bit of grass/dirt/dust.

We ended up ordering a white Accord because we really liked the beige interior and of all of the combos that have a beige interior, we liked the white exterior the best. After a few months I did notice the driver's seat picking up some blue from my wife's jeans, so I wiped the seat with a microfiber cloth and some Griot's Garage interior cleaner and the blue tint is gone.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/interior+cleaner.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

Unless Honda starts offering some bolder color choices on the Ridgeline, I've already decided my next Ridgeline will be white/beige.

Reactions: Shannon

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Have the Beige leather interior in the 2007 RTL second day we had truck I made special trip to West Marine to buy bottle of 303 Aerospace Protectant. I treated the entire interior of the vehicle with the 303 Protectant on all surfaces that could use on. The 303 is a stain/soil dust repellent
and offers UV protection.keep a good treatment on seat and you should be fine.
We got the Dark Cherry Pearl Ridgeline in 07 that was first year color was offered on it. Deep Scarlet is replacing it after 10yrs. I put seat covers on front seats because being sisters vehicle she doesn't take care of them the way I do. Back seats were never covered and not used very much.I don't drive the Ridgeline almost every day like I did the first 2yrs of ownership.
I prefer black leather interior as I have in my Acura and when get it on Black Edition Ridgeline.

Reactions: Shannon

·
Super Moderator
5,338 Posts
IF you keep up on the cleaning of the beige leather AND you park inside a garage your beige interior will probably look great after 4-5 years. I had a 2008 DCP RL that had beige interior. It still looked nice when I sold it in 2008, but the beige was a little darker and not quite as appealing as when I purchased the truck new. I usually parked it outside for the first two years of ownership.

If it's your daily driver and you put 12,000 miles on a year, it will begin to look a little worn and slightly discolored, but that may not bother you. Here is an example on a 2009 G1. As I have mentioned before just go by your local Honda dealer and look at a 6-8 yr old Accord or a Ridgeline with beige interior.

·
Registered
22 Posts
don't mean to go alittle off topic here, but how does the grey interiors hold up.

I like the blue exterior color in the ridgeline, but the grey interior is making me think twice. Im hoping this wont pick up dirt and marks.

I currently own a titan (looking to buy the new ridgeline) that has very dark grey leather and grey dash. it seems to hold up fine over the years, but there are a few marks here and there and faint stains on the center console from normal dirt/grime over the years. The ridgeline grey interior is much lighter tho.. so im hoping this wont be a problem.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I didn't answer last night because I've never had a beige interior, but every interior regardless of color is going to get the same soiling on and in it. Color just helps hide it. Black interior is no cleaner than white interior, you just don't see the dirt.

The key to any interior care is sealing it so the soil doesn't get in it and cleaning it carefully before any soiling breaks through that sealer and into the material (fabric or leather), then seal it again.

My 11 G1 had gray interior. On trade in the dealer commented it looked like the day it left the showroom. Granted it only had 63,0000 km (35,000 mile), but that doesn't mean accidents didn't happen.

The worst was being in a rush and absent mindlessly throwing a drained hydraulic line on the back seat in a grocery bag. Of course 'drained' doesn't mean dry and I ended up with a small stain of Type F on the seat.

I kicked myself over that spot for two years, then decided it was time to do something about it. I tried the driveway trick where I covered the seat in a nice layer of floor absorbent for three days. Vacuuming that up almost every hint of the stain was gone. I then dumped a box of baking soda on the seat since it is finer and would get into the grain better, letting that sit for a couple of days. A vacuuming, wipe with soap and water and the seat looked like new again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts