Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want white exterior, and definitely not black inside. So what looks best?

Can only see gray at the various dealers within reach.

Got links to photos? Curious to see how all the other interior components coordinate in color and texture with the beige seating components.

Are all the dash components the same color whether seating is gray or beige?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I'd say grey, hands down. But I loathe beige interiors. And honestly, if you do a good tint job with quality ceramic tint, black isn't any hotter than other colors. You'd be amazed with the uv and heat rejection of ceramic film.

·
Administrator
16,083 Posts
Want white exterior, and definitely not black inside. So what looks best?

Can only see gray at the various dealers within reach.
You can't get a white 2nd generation with gray interior (assuming you're not talking about a 1st generation) - only beige or black. The black leather is really a very dark gray - not "carbon" black.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, then, it's settled. Beige it will be.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Neither. In fact, I decided not to get a Red or Blue (even though I liked those outside colors) specifically because they only came in Beige and Grey interiors. One pro reviewer felt the same way and said that they (I think grey in his case) were, in his words, a "cacophony of color". In other words, they had many different shades/colors for dash, carpet, headliner, doors, etc. and looked very inconsistent and "cut up". I decided to get MSM because it could be had in the much more consistent black interior.

Of course I realize this is a matter of taste so one should get what one wants, but that was my reaction and decision.:grin:

There are many good pictures of the beige interiors in the Car and Driver review, for the grey, just substitute light grey wherever the beige is beige:

Honda Ridgeline Reviews - Honda Ridgeline Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver

Attached are some interior shots of my black interior, as you can see, except for the headliner, it is mostly the same color.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
The only car I think I would ever own with beige interior is some two door small red mustang. At least I think it was a mustang because it had a horse for the emblem.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After further consideration, and examining photos, I agree that the black leather seating and trim looks best with all the other interior trim.

So it's white out, and black inside! Plus a good tint job, and a fold-up sun screen for the windshield. The truck is stored outside, windshield facing due south.

One could cook brownies in the current ride, an '11 RTL in black/black.

·
Administrator
16,083 Posts
CCDAstro, I see your driver's seat bolster is starting to wrinkle. Mine is doing the same. This was a common complaint on the G1s. And, for goodness' sake, get some all-weather mats in there and get rid of that carpet! :D

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
My process mirrored ccdastro's. First, I couldn't do beige. That was my current interior, and after seeing the number my kids did on the backseat I vowed never again. So it was down to grey/black. The blue exterior was my first choice, but after seeing the grey interior decided I didn't really care for it. So that left me with black interior which then significantly limited my choices for an exterior color (ended up with a black edition cause they have decent availability). Would have loved a blue/black, but...

I'm in Texas, and we're currently going through our routine 100+ degree days right now. I put front window tint on the front side windows within a week of getting it and the tint has helped a lot. In texas (and a few other states I was told) they allow a clear film to be put on the whole windshield that blocks most UV and 25% of the heat. I'm getting that applied on Tuesday.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I was always a fan of a black vehicle with beige interior, which was my last car. I love black cars. This time around I went with the MSM w/ black interior, I was worried about it being too hot, but honestly, it's not, and it really looks sharp inside.
I agree with the chopped up feeling, you don't feel that with the black interior.
But it's all subjective, you like what you like.
And yes, you need the all weather mats no matter what color you go with

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
After further consideration, and examining photos, I agree that the black leather seating and trim looks best with all the other interior trim.

So it's white out, and black inside! Plus a good tint job, and a fold-up sun screen for the windshield. The truck is stored outside, windshield facing due south.

One could cook brownies in the current ride, an '11 RTL in black/black.
Was just down in Phoenix at 114 degrees. Was worried about the black interior we have on our E being too hot when I got back into the truck after it sat out in the son for 4.5 hours. No real issues at all. Quite pleased, and the perforations helped, too. We did have a good tint job done, though, I agree that it made a difference. OTOH, my daughter-in-law has a black Volvo with black interior and lives in the Phoenix area. She is actually thinking about trading it in as it gets waaaaay too hot inside for her when it sit in the sun. It's that black exterior as her interior is similar to the RTL-E.

I agree that it looks best and you'll be fine with the black interior.

·
Registered
970 Posts
CCDAstro, I see your driver's seat bolster is starting to wrinkle. Mine is doing the same. This was a common complaint on the G1s. And, for goodness' sake, get some all-weather mats in there and get rid of that carpet! :D
Yup, my G1 did the same thing but never actually wore out despite being an 06. I already have the rubber mats, just waiting until fall/winter to put them in. Almost never rains here in the summer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think most people are pretty evenly divided on what color interiors they prefer. It all comes down to what your preference is. Personally, I have always found the gray interiors very dull and boring. Usually, I tend to lean towards black interiors. My passat is dark gray exterior with black interior. On the ridgeline I did end up with the Scarlet Red with the beige interior and am surprised at how much it is growing on me. I do wish Honda would have offered the dark saddle color that some of the other manufacturers offer. I think that would have been a very sharp looking combination with the Deep Scarlet Pearl.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
A vote for ivory/beige here in general, keeps it less depressing in 10 months of winter here... that said, Acura/Honda used to make a much better matched/contrasted interior for ivory than they do now... in the RL2, black is looking pretty good. Have had 2 grey interior Hondas and they were neither offensive nor memorable.

·
Registered
395 Posts
This is the first time I'm getting leather so I'm assuming that even with kids, ivory/beige should be easy to clean. Just don't feed them yogurt of course. Can anyone confirm or refute this because I would also like to know your experiences involving kids and leather.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I chose the grey interior and MSM exterior, I wanted to break up the all black inside and make it lighter. I do wish it was a shade or two darker grey though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My first post :)

I prefer the tan interiors, but I like them all. Currently have 2 grey, 1 tan, 1 black, and 1 tan & black. This is the first time I have had a black interior, and I am finding even in a car with t-tops, it really isn't any hotter in the summer than my tan interior car with t-tops. I have found that cars with black carpet are very unforgiving if they are not vacuumed often.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think black (dark gray) goes best with the black dash and cream headliner. I originally wanted gray until I saw it bisected the black dash in a way not pleasing to the eye. Not good in my opinion.

·
Administrator
16,083 Posts
I can't imagine why, but I'm suddenly struck with humor reading all this talk about interior/exterior design and color coordination. Am I on a pickup forum or in a Jean Paul Gaultier design studio?

"The 2017 Honda Ridgeline dazzles with multiple layers of robotically-applied, environmentally-respecful, coats and finishes carefully selected by skilled design engineers with panache. They are intimate with the demands of the worldwide market. A rich palette of deep color and texture treats the eye no matter what shade is chosen to draw attention to the precise, machined surfaces and flowing character lines that capture the true essence of the Ridgeline.

The interior features a purposeful mixture of tactile surfaces that interact with the driver in a way that would envy Ricardo Montalban and his rich, Corinthian leather in the Chrysler Cordoba. The carefully carved lines in the cabin exude a rich, sophisticated, perfect balance of luxury, purpose, function and form. The use of rocket ship-inspired technology is applied to multiple aspects of acoustical performance inside the quiet, isolated cabin - seemingly defying the laws of physics. Those with a fine ear will appreciate the quality tone of the multiple-driver Aural Pleasure System (aka "radio")..."

1 - 20 of 34 Posts