Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
For what it's worth, I'd get the beige for a couple of reasons:

I've owned several sporty sedans with black interior and like a black suit, it looks very 'formal' and 'purposeful' (I especially liked the all black interior with all the red gauges in my last Audi). But it is hotter in the summer and shows every speck of dust/dirt/grass, not a problem in a car that doesn't get dirty, but all black would be my last choice for a truck interior.

I prefer the Honda interiors with contrasting colors. Last year my wife and I bought an Accord Touring and selected the white exterior mostly because it was one of the handful of colors available with a beige/black interior. We didn't love any of the bland color options available for the Accord and decided the interior color was actually more important to use than the limited selection of boring exterior color options available.

Unless Honda brings a little pizzaz to the Ridgeline color options, white exterior with beige/black interior is likely to by my preferred college combo on my next Ridgeline.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I finally got my white/beige RTL-E Saturday. I love it and I love the rich-looking beige/black interior.

View attachment 248266
Just picked up an RTL-T yesterday, w/ your colors (white/beige). My last ride was scarlet/beige, and looked new for years. I've had black, and agree w/ the above - shows every minute bit of anything (same reason I went w/ the white exterior). Grey was a consideration, but, seeing it turned me off -- looked too commercial.

All that said, it's a personal choice... no 'best bet' in this thread...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I can't imagine why, but I'm suddenly struck with humor reading all this talk about interior/exterior design and color coordination. Am I on a pickup forum or in a Jean Paul Gaultier design studio?

"The 2017 Honda Ridgeline dazzles with multiple layers of robotically-applied, environmentally-respecful, coats and finishes carefully selected by skilled design engineers with panache. They are intimate with the demands of the worldwide market. A rich palette of deep color and texture treats the eye no matter what shade is chosen to draw attention to the precise, machined surfaces and flowing character lines that capture the true essence of the Ridgeline.

The interior features a purposeful mixture of tactile surfaces that interact with the driver in a way that would envy Ricardo Montalban and his rich, Corinthian leather in the Chrysler Cordoba. The carefully carved lines in the cabin exude a rich, sophisticated, perfect balance of luxury, purpose, function and form. The use of rocket ship-inspired technology is applied to multiple aspects of acoustical performance inside the quiet, isolated cabin - seemingly defying the laws of physics. Those with a fine ear will appreciate the quality tone of the multiple-driver Aural Pleasure System (aka "radio")..."
:laugh: love it !!

·
Registered
166 Posts
:laugh: love it !!
At $40k for a truck, you're buying pride of ownership details, as well as torque, towing, and tail-gating... at that price point, I'm fine w/ Karl Lagerfeld designing the seats, Georgio Armani picking the colors...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just got my 2018 scarlet pearl RTL-E and I think they have darkened the "beige" color... it's more like a taupe... like a light gray. I test drove 3 2018 red models (price shopping) and they all had this darker color beige that seems to me to be different than the more "tan" color I remember from the 2017 model. I'll try to post a picture.

In any case I'm thrilled because personally I love this taupe interior.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Neither. In fact, I decided not to get a Red or Blue (even though I liked those outside colors) specifically because they only came in Beige and Grey interiors.........
Just as you stated, I liked those colors but since you couldn't order a black interior it narrowed down my color choices. I went with MSM too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Correct. White ext only comes with black or beige interior.

I've got the gray interior on mine and am very happy. Being in Florida. Black interior was out of the question for me. This seems to be a good compromise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree that this is a totally personal decision... but we just couldn't do black leather in Florida, maybe it's the humidity! We chose DSP with Beige, and are very happy with the decision so far (2 weeks!). The beige is actually darker in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have had one too many black/grey interiors. The beige two tone just looks more expensive. It influenced my exterior color choice.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wanted a tan/beige interior, which limited my exterior color options. My favorite exterior was the Forest Mist, but they didn't sell it with the beige interior so I opted for the Deep Scarlet Pearl. Love everything about my RTL-E, but had the option for the Forest Mist with beige interior been available I would have waited a very long time for delivery.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I wanted beige but I wasn't too keen on the red, but when I saw it in person, I liked it a lot.

The dealer said the first year or two the color was a lighter tan but customers complained about keeping it clean since it's a truck. I have a 2018 and it's a darker beige.

My former car was a blue Frontier with their beige interior. The main difference is that the dashboard on the Nissan is beige. In certain lighting conditions that dashboard causes problems that black dashboards do not. Mainly, the dashboard reflects off the windshield and causes nasty glare. At night overhead streetlamps can cause the same glare in that car. I also drove a Navigator with a beige interior and beige dashboard and the glare was so bad there were instructions explicitly telling you not to polish any of the dull surfaces for safety reasons due to glare. That's not a problem with the Ridgeline.

I do think it's funny how Honda chose not to match the seat belts with the beige upholstery.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts