• OEM Part Source

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice a lot of owners use Bernardi Parts. Any reason why? I have used OEM Part Source to buy all my accessories. They always beat Bernardi in price and I’ve never been disappointed. Shipping could be a little faster but I figured that was just because of COVID.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what they really are, but they sell discounted parts for Honda, Ford, Toyota, etc. I thought they might be associated with a dealer group but their website doesn’t give much info on About Us.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,460 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RTL
161 Posts
I have used both several times and been happy with both. I feel like for the best deal I have to check both. OEM parts are usually cheaper but then when you factor in shipping sometimes Bernardi beats them, but not always.

I recently placed a large order with OEM parts and my painted mirror cap came scratched. I emailed them and got a response in 1 hour asking for pictures. I sent these and received an email same day saying a new part has been ordered for you. Within a week a new part showed up at my door and they didn't even want the damaged part back. I was very happy with their customer service.

·
Administrator
18,254 Posts
Not sure what they really are, but they sell discounted parts for Honda, Ford, Toyota, etc. I thought they might be associated with a dealer group but their website doesn’t give much info on About Us.
You have to dig a little deeper. :)

BBB lists a "Clifford Murphy" as the contact for OEM Part Source. According to LinkedIn, there is a "Clifford Murphy" who is an officer at Classic Auto Group in Mentor, OH. D&B lists a "James I. Hackenberg", who is a business attorney in Mentor, OH, as a contact for OEM Part Source Company LLC. The address listed on their website, BBB, and D&B (7665 Mentor Ave. #197) is a mailbox at a UPS store.

OEM Parts Source is a storefront for the dealerships owned by Classic Auto Group through a service called RevolutionParts.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have to dig a little deeper. :)

BBB lists a "Clifford Murphy" as the contact for OEM Part Source. According to LinkedIn, there is a "Clifford Murphy" who is an officer at Classic Auto Group in Mentor, OH. D&B lists a "James I. Hackenberg", who is a business attorney in Mentor, OH, as a contact for OEM Part Source Company LLC. The address listed on their website, BBB, and D&B (7665 Mentor Ave. #197) is a mailbox at a UPS store.

OEM Parts Source is a storefront for the dealerships owned by Classic Auto Group through a service called RevolutionParts.
Wow, you brought it to another level with that info.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Bernardi is not the deal they used to be as free shipping (over $75) is not so free. For me, this is a loss because Bernardi used to price match and then I would benefit from being relatively close. It all comes down to each item. Sometimes there are home runs on ebay as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Like others, I shop around to find the best deal. I have used ebay, Bernardi, Honda Car Parts Direct, Rockauto, but the place I have ordered the most OEM parts from is group1autoparts.com | Genuine OEM Parts Direct | Group 1 Auto Parts

It is based in OKC and being I am 3 hours down the road from there, I find shipping to be cheaper than the places on either side of the country. I think it is always prudent to shop around, even if the same price for the item, shipping can get expensive.

Heck, the other day I was shopping for a couple parts for my new car and one site had 5% off, but another had free shipping, so I went with that because it saved me $1.50 or so.

·
Super Moderator
5,891 Posts
Bernardi is not the deal they used to be as free shipping (over $75) is not so free. For me, this is a loss because Bernardi used to price match and then I would benefit from being relatively close. It all comes down to each item. Sometimes there are home runs on ebay as well.
I was looking to buy the Honda transmission fluid from Bernardi, but found out free shipping is not available on it. Also, I could not find a box (multiple quarts) of transmission fluid on their site. Guess I will be checking out these other parts sources mentioned.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I was looking to buy the Honda transmission fluid from Bernardi, but found out free shipping is not available on it. Also, I could not find a box (multiple quarts) of transmission fluid on their site. Guess I will be checking out these other parts sources mentioned.
The quarts usually come in boxes if they are a multiple of 6 if I recall correctly. Do you find that the fluid price is competitive if there is not free shipping? I've been pricing up stuff for the Passport and their prices are higher. I actually have to to a spreadsheet to factor in shipping to see who wins.. Grateful of all these new parts players mentioned on the forum, have mainly used Bernardi, Maita (H and A now closed) and Majestic over the years.. Interestingly enough, LIA ( a chain here in NY, CT, MA) who has a parts business has some good prices and they give the option to pick up at the dealer. I have to verify all this and do a sacrificial purchase but I may have found my new source for Honda parts as their prices are lower than Bernardi and shipping cost will be avoided. Sooner or later Amazon will get into this business and tires too and I think it will be game over.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
So I called Lia and parts can be picked up from the dealer which is about 12 miles away. Just saved big on some Passport accessories. Each one was less than Bernardi. For example, I saved 40 bucks on a rear seat covers and a rear cargo matt.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Just picked up PP accessories from Lia Parts. Ordered Oct.1 they were in yesterday afternoon but I picked up this morning at their Albany location about 15 miles away. The real deal. Whole new world. Low profile hood deflector, rear seat covers, floor matts and cargo matt $507. Bernardi now irrelevant since they raised prices to IMO cover the free shipping. I really like this, I can order online and parts dept will call me when ready. No having to ask about price matches, etc as I can research all this beforehand. Also, some parts don't qualify for free shipping (like the hood deflector) at Bernardi so it's a win. Anyone that lives nearby a Lia dealer for multiple brands now has an option.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just picked up PP accessories from Lia Parts. Ordered Oct.1 they were in yesterday afternoon but I picked up this morning at their Albany location about 15 miles away. The real deal. Whole new world. Low profile hood deflector, rear seat covers, floor matts and cargo matt $507. Bernardi now irrelevant since they raised prices to IMO cover the free shipping. I really like this, I can order online and parts dept will call me when ready. No having to ask about price matches, etc as I can research all this beforehand. Also, some parts don't qualify for free shipping (like the hood deflector) at Bernardi so it's a win. Anyone that lives nearby a Lia dealer for multiple brands now has an option.
That’s awesome! I’ve been tossing around the idea of getting the low profile hood deflector after I picked up a ding from a highway rock right on the front lip of the hood.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
That’s awesome! I’ve been tossing around the idea of getting the low profile hood deflector after I picked up a ding from a highway rock right on the front lip of the hood.
Depending on the vehicle the leading edge of the hood is certainly vulnerable. Highly recommended. This is the 4th vehicle I've put it on. I also do the gutter guard mesh if the grille is too wide open for a rock to the condenser.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
As I move away from Bernardi to Lia I found some gift card emails for Bernardi so yesterday morning I ordered some splash guards. They are to be delivered today. Bernardi was convenient and a fast shipper when it worked but the price on the splash guards is about 12 bucks more expensive.

·
Premium Member
2020 RTL (E) Pacific Pewter Metallic
214 Posts
I notice a lot of owners use Bernardi Parts. Any reason why? I have used OEM Part Source to buy all my accessories. They always beat Bernardi in price and I’ve never been disappointed. Shipping could be a little faster but I figured that was just because of COVID.
Wow, thanks for the link! I've been ordering from Bernardi since I got the 2018 last December, I checked them against College Hill and they were a little less costly, downside is that they ship from MA and College Hill is in Ohio, that makes a days difference in UPS Ground delivery for me. I will say Bernardi ships quickly, I ordered these Monday morning and they were shipped the same afternoon. Bernardi lists them for $84.45 but with free shipping, OEM wants $12.21 to ship so it's pretty much a wash. I couldn't find anything on their site abouy free shipping, does anyone know?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, thanks for the link! I've been ordering from Bernardi since I got the 2018 last December, I checked them against College Hill and they were a little less costly, downside is that they ship from MA and College Hill is in Ohio, that makes a days difference in UPS Ground delivery for me. I will say Bernardi ships quickly, I ordered these Monday morning and they were shipped the same afternoon. Bernardi lists them for $84.45 but with free shipping, OEM wants $12.21 to ship so it's pretty much a wash. I couldn't find anything on their site abouy free shipping, does anyone know?
I don’t think OEM offers free shipping. Usually the price is lower though so even with shipping it’s cheaper sometimes. I usually start filling a shopping cart at each site and then compare at end. Yeah, downside is shipping does take awhile.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts