Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Ridgeline and truck owner. There are so many accessories....wondering which are worth the money? I'm certain there are opinions on this. Storage / keeping stuff from moving in the bed is a concern. Ability to have the family in the cab with comfort, and still haul bikes and luggage. Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Sport
57 Posts
1. Idlestopper. automatically turns off auto idle stop at start up. May be turned on by pushing button. What I like about this is it makes the truck function as it should in my opinion. If you want auto idle stop- you turn it on
2. bed rug. Keeps things from sliding around and easy on the knees
3. weathertech mats
4. hard tri fold tonneau. Easy to remove and keeps things secure on road trip
5. OEM rear seat cover. Fits perfect, easy to install (just read instructions)
6. OEM cargo net. Handy

·
Registered
19 Posts
1. Idlestopper. automatically turns off auto idle stop at start up. May be turned on by pushing button. What I like about this is it makes the truck function as it should in my opinion. If you want auto idle stop- you turn it on
2. bed rug. Keeps things from sliding around and easy on the knees
3. weathertech mats
4. hard tri fold tonneau. Easy to remove and keeps things secure on road trip
5. OEM rear seat cover. Fits perfect, easy to install (just read instructions)
6. OEM cargo net. Handy
Hi Zigzagman,

How difficult is the Idlestopper to install?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hi, I have a 2019 RTL - great experience so far - and I'm not super accessory-focused, but I do have acquired some simple devices that make everything easier for me:

- trunk divider
Didn't have one for my 2007, but do for my Gen2 RL, and wow, what a difference! Much easier to keep the trunk in better order.

- console compartment divider
No more jumble/tangling in there.

- OEM tonneau cover
Love being able to hide theft-worthy items, such as my weedeater, etc. Thought it'd get in the way, but so far have gotten by just folding it up to the cab, even when hauling long lumber - slides right under it.

- Maxspyder (spelling?) floormats
Super protective, covering all the carpet. I do miss the carpet though.

- cargo net
$22 of amazing usefulness: Amazon.com: CZC AUTO Bungee Cargo Net 3x4Ft Truck Bed Net Stretches to 6x8Ft for Pickup Trailer RV SUV Boat |3x3Inch Mesh Net Holds Small and Large|12 Tangle Free Carabiners & 12 Plastic Hooks|Super Duty: Automotive

- cargo bar
Another useful $22 gadget - pins items against the tailgate, etc.
Amazon.com: Reese Explore 1390600 40" x 70" Ratcheting Cargo Bar: Automotive

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,633 Posts
DO NOT purchase the all season floor mats from Honda. They don't cover any part of the dead pedal or the area below the gas pedal. Get one of the other alternatives; Weathertech, Smartliner, Maxspyder, etc. I am using the Honda all season mats because the dealer who sold me the RL, adds them onto every RL.

·
Premium Member
Red 2017 RTL-E
891 Posts
Ratcheting cargo bar with cargo net - $37

Under seat storage for back seat - $180

Console divider - $13

Meguiar's HPC - $49

Griot's Garage 3-in-1

Husky floor liners, front - $80

Husky floor liner, rear - $84

Peragon tonneau cover
2021 Honda Ridgeline Bed Tonneau Cover For Your Truck - Peragon®

Bed Rug w/tailgate cover
Running boards
Hood bug deflector
Rain guards for windows

·
Registered
2020 RTLE Obsidian Blue Pearl, "The Blue Pearl"
143 Posts
DO NOT purchase the all season floor mats from Honda.
I would say that mostly applies to places that have snow and it gets mucky in the winter. Since I live in the valley of desolation once known as Northern California, we get virtually NO rain😢, I have no issues with my OEM rubber mats. :)

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,633 Posts
I would say that mostly applies to places that have snow and it gets mucky in the winter. Since I live in the valley of desolation once known as Northern California, we get virtually NO rain😢, I have no issues with my OEM rubber mats. :)
I don't prefer the Honda mats because I often park in a gravel driveway and I bring sand, etc into my RL. It grinds into the carpet into those two areas I mentioned. I agree, in an area without a lot of precipitation the Honda mats are adequate.

Reactions: DTHughes and HRL383

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I kinda like the OE Honda all season mats as well.
I think they're made of soft rubber, right? I like the feel of that, like we have in our SUV.

I have Maxspyder mats and they're great for full coverage/protection, but they are hard plastic - I think all the full-coverage ones are - and there's not a square centimeter of carpet in sight, so they feel a little too "utilitarian" after a while. Then again, no doubt my carpet is perfect under there :).

Reactions: CNC1
1 - 20 of 75 Posts