Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
89 Posts
I think they're made of soft rubber, right? I like the feel of that, like we have in our SUV.

I have Maxspyder mats and they're great for full coverage/protection, but they are hard plastic - I think all the full-coverage ones are - and there's not a square centimeter of carpet in sight, so they feel a little too "utilitarian" after a while. Then again, no doubt my carpet is perfect under there :).
I have MaxSpyder mats in both our vehicles and love them but I do wish I could find some mats like I had in my truck back in the early 2000s. I think maybe Lund made them but they were this really heavily scotchguarded fabric on top of an all weather liner. They looked like carpet but you could get them as dirty as you wanted and just hose them off at the car wash. They stopped making them and I haven't found anything like them since.

·
Registered
2020 Black Edition
27 Posts
For under $1000 bucks, I enjoy my SentryCT tonneau cover. It’s one of the few solid roll up covers that looks good and is easy to use. It doesn’t flop like a trampoline going down the interstate like the soft covers and it doesn’t block your back window when open like the fold ups.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi Zigzagman,

How difficult is the Idlestopper to install?

Thanks in advance!
Super easy to install. It's two screws and then you pop the panel off with your fingers. Unplug the factory plug, plug in the idlestopper, then plug the factory wire into the idle stopper.

It's a simple timed relay. Because the button is backlit, there is power to the harness there, so that energizes the relay which after a few seconds of receiving power will "press" the button for you automatically (actually it just sends the signal that it's been pressed). You don't have to do anything. No need to change your routine and push the button to disable it.

For $80, it's a great purchase. It's plug and play. You don't have to splice any wires. It can be easily and quickly removed if you ever wanted to, or if you sell the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have MaxSpyder mats in both our vehicles and love them but I do wish I could find some mats like I had in my truck back in the early 2000s. I think maybe Lund made them but they were this really heavily scotchguarded fabric on top of an all weather liner. They looked like carpet but you could get them as dirty as you wanted and just hose them off at the car wash. They stopped making them and I haven't found anything like them since.
That sounds like the best of both worlds. The RL would feel less like a stripped-down model with the carpet.

·
Registered
2021 White Sport
10 Posts
5. OEM rear seat cover. Fits perfect, easy to install (just read instructions)
I am surprised more people here don't like the OEM rear seat covers. I have them in my RL and equivalent covers for 2nd and 3rd row of our Pilot as well. I can't imagine hauling kids or a dog without them, and you lose no functionality to center console or child seat latch points.
I take issue that they are easy to install, not difficult per say, but not easy. Maybe I should have let them sit in the afternoon sun for an hour before installing them, they are tight fitting!

I'd recommend smart liner floor liners. Half the price of weather tech but same functionality.

·
Registered
2020 Black Edition
27 Posts
Are the MaxSpyders back in stock? I have not been able to find the for the last few months.

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
113 Posts
For under $1000 bucks, I enjoy my SentryCT tonneau cover. It’s one of the few solid roll up covers that looks good and is easy to use. It doesn’t flop like a trampoline going down the interstate like the soft covers and it doesn’t block your back window when open like the fold ups.
I'll second the TruXedo Sentry CT hard roll top tonneau cover.

I also love my Reese cargo bar and Gladiator cargo net. I'm also going to invest in Weathertech or Husky mats before the upcoming winter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Super easy to install. It's two screws and then you pop the panel off with your fingers. Unplug the factory plug, plug in the idlestopper, then plug the factory wire into the idle stopper.

It's a simple timed relay. Because the button is backlit, there is power to the harness there, so that energizes the relay which after a few seconds of receiving power will "press" the button for you automatically (actually it just sends the signal that it's been pressed). You don't have to do anything. No need to change your routine and push the button to disable it.

For $80, it's a great purchase. It's plug and play. You don't have to splice any wires. It can be easily and quickly removed if you ever wanted to, or if you sell the vehicle.
Thanks, Trackrider54, I appreciate the info that you provided!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what is SVCM?
VCM disabler, plenty of descriptions in here. I have a 17 and never felt the need, I have a heavy foot so, unless highway cruising, I doubt it's on much for me. But the 9spd is a different beast. Have a 21 on order so this is a great refresher post for me..

·
Premium Member
Red 2017 RTL-E
891 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't waste money on a VCM disabler. It would be like disabling the 5% cash back that comes with my CC.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
473 Posts
I also had them, great floormat. but now days things are a little weird. If you buy a loaded Nissan Titan Pro 4X,for example, you get all weather floor mats, BUT, if you buy the base model "S" truck with vinyl floors, you get carpeted floor mats (????) Their is only $25,000 difference in price.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you are going to take your RL off-road like I do, a 2" lift kit is a great add. The RL is just too low for much more than a smooth gravel road and I bottomed out often. Also, aesthetically, with the two inch lift and some slightly larger all-terrain tires, the vehicle looks a little bit more like a pickup.

Reactions: Steve G

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you are going to take your RL off-road like I do, a 2" lift kit is a great add. The RL is just too low for much more than a smooth gravel road and I bottomed out often. Also, aesthetically, with the two inch lift and some slightly larger all-terrain tires, the vehicle looks a little bit more like a pickup.
Which RL do you have any what kit did you end up with?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Selected mods:
  • Dashcam, front and rear. Drivers are crazy these days :D
  • Replace high beams and fogs with LEDs, if not already equipped
  • Tonneau cover, I got the UnderCover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover and I am very happy with it
  • Something to organize the trunk although I find that the standard plastic bins you can get at the hardware store fit well, and have the added advantage of being easy to carry
  • Something to organize the space under the back seat. You can buy an organizer tray or easily DIY.

I have done a bit more than this, mostly around auxiliary/external lights, and audio system upgrades. I also got the front windows tinted to the legal max.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, I have a 2019 RTL - great experience so far - and I'm not super accessory-focused, but I do have acquired some simple devices that make everything easier for me:

- trunk divider
Didn't have one for my 2007, but do for my Gen2 RL, and wow, what a difference! Much easier to keep the trunk in better order.

- console compartment divider
No more jumble/tangling in there.

- OEM tonneau cover
Love being able to hide theft-worthy items, such as my weedeater, etc. Thought it'd get in the way, but so far have gotten by just folding it up to the cab, even when hauling long lumber - slides right under it.

- Maxspyder (spelling?) floormats
Super protective, covering all the carpet. I do miss the carpet though.

- cargo net
$22 of amazing usefulness: Amazon.com: CZC AUTO Bungee Cargo Net 3x4Ft Truck Bed Net Stretches to 6x8Ft for Pickup Trailer RV SUV Boat |3x3Inch Mesh Net Holds Small and Large|12 Tangle Free Carabiners & 12 Plastic Hooks|Super Duty: Automotive

- cargo bar
Another useful $22 gadget - pins items against the tailgate, etc.
Amazon.com: Reese Explore 1390600 40" x 70" Ratcheting Cargo Bar: Automotive
I want a console compartment divider... do you get it from HONDA? thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
3. weathertech mats
The regular Honda Ridgeline floor mats are nice, fitted just like the Weathertech mats. And they were a few bucks cheaper. I also got a 15% discount from normal price as I bought my Ridgeline thru the Costco auto buying service, making them even less.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts