Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I only use 2 accessories.

1) The OEM Cargo net basically secures everything I haul.

2) I also have a set of ratchet straps from Home Depot.

As a bonus, I bought the OEM trailer hitch, but have never used it. It just sits with my spare tire in case I ever need it.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL E
14 Posts
Definitely at least partial hood and front end PPF if funds allow. Cost me about $950 installed but we'll worth the cost to save your paint.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you are going to take your RL off-road like I do, a 2" lift kit is a great add. The RL is just too low for much more than a smooth gravel road and I bottomed out often. Also, aesthetically, with the two inch lift and some slightly larger all-terrain tires, the vehicle looks a little bit more like a pickup.
Yes I'm interested in which kit and tires. Also, your impressions on the effect on road performance, noise and MPG.

If I had wanted to do much offroading, I would have kept my Tacoma. But I drive 15K or so on the roads, so road performance is more important to me.

I could see the benefit of a bit of a lift though. I DID put on a skid plate since I will be going on some fire trails this summer, and who knows what the condition of those will be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1. Idlestopper. automatically turns off auto idle stop at start up. May be turned on by pushing button. What I like about this is it makes the truck function as it should in my opinion. If you want auto idle stop- you turn it on
2. bed rug. Keeps things from sliding around and easy on the knees
3. weathertech mats
4. hard tri fold tonneau. Easy to remove and keeps things secure on road trip
5. OEM rear seat cover. Fits perfect, easy to install (just read instructions)
6. OEM cargo net. Handy
I absolutely agree with all of those, except for the idle stopper (mine's a 2019). Especially the bed rug ( wonderful idea) and Weathertech mats (they sure make things well)

·
Registered
92 Posts
DO NOT purchase the all season floor mats from Honda. They don't cover any part of the dead pedal or the area below the gas pedal. Get one of the other alternatives; Weathertech, Smartliner, Maxspyder, etc.
TRUE! And they wear out fast! I almost have a hole where my right heel rests. Weathertech much better!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes I'm interested in which kit and tires. Also, your impressions on the effect on road performance, noise and MPG.

If I had wanted to do much offroading, I would have kept my Tacoma. But I drive 15K or so on the roads, so road performance is more important to me.

I could see the benefit of a bit of a lift though. I DID put on a skid plate since I will be going on some fire trails this summer, and who knows what the condition of those will be.
I put on the Traxda 2” lift. Much better! Be careful w AT tires. The Ridgeline wheel wells aren’t large enough for AT tires unless you purchase 17” rims.

Which skid plates did you purchase? I need some. I can’t believe that they don’t automatically put these on the AWD models like other manufacturers do. And there aren’t even any OEM bash plates available from Honda 😔

·
Registered
92 Posts

I put on the Traxda 2” lift. Much better! Be careful w AT tires. The Ridgeline wheel wells aren’t large enough for AT tires unless you purchase 17” rims.

Which skid plates did you purchase? I need some. I can’t believe that they don’t automatically put these on the AWD models like other manufacturers do.And there aren’t even any OEM bash plates from Honda
I am surprised more people here don't like the OEM rear seat covers. I have them in my RL and equivalent covers for 2nd and 3rd row of our Pilot as well. I can't imagine hauling kids or a dog without them, and you lose no functionality to center console or child seat latch points.
I take issue that they are easy to install, not difficult per say, but not easy. Maybe I should have let them sit in the afternoon sun for an hour before installing them, they are tight fitting!

I'd recommend smart liner floor liners. Half the price of weather tech but same functionality.
Are Smart Liners made in America? I need to replace my all weather OEM mats and was going to buy Weathertech. But if Smart Liners are made here, I’ll buy those.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm a new Ridgeline and truck owner. There are so many accessories....wondering which are worth the money? I'm certain there are opinions on this. Storage / keeping stuff from moving in the bed is a concern. Ability to have the family in the cab with comfort, and still haul bikes and luggage. Thank you.
Bed mat or rug, depending on who you ask.
Bungee cords. Best way I have found to organize cargo and not spend a bunch of money. The heavy duty black rubber units with the adjustable hooks work great.
Soft tonneau cover for the truck bed, I use a North MountainSoft Vinyl Roll-up Tonneau Cover. It fits well and is holding up to the FL sun and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Drip guards for the windows, I bought the AVS units with the adhesive back. I had trouble in the past with the units that are placed in the window track.
Trailer Brake controller. If you plan on towing a travel trailer or trailer with electric breaks.
Weather Tech Cup Phone holder with antibacterial spray holder. Fits great in the cup holder slot

Other than that there's not a bunch more to add, they come fully equipped.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
Red 2017 RTL-E
891 Posts
Do the rails interfere with an open trunk lid at all?
Yes, the trunk hits the rails, preventing it from opening all the way. But has never been an issue for me thus far. Though I did install LED lights inside the trunk due to the darkness of the tonneau combined with the reduced opening angle.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,632 Posts

Which skid plates did you purchase? I need some. I can’t believe that they don’t automatically put these on the AWD models like other manufacturers do.And there aren’t even any OEM bash plates from Honda

Are Smart Liners made in America? I need to replace my all weather OEM mats and was going to buy Weathertech. But if Smart Liners are made here, I’ll buy those.
No mention of the Smartliners being made in the U.S. just used on U.S. roads. Here is a comparison between the two brands. Recognize this advertisement is written for Smartliner.

·
Registered
2019 RTL White
37 Posts
I'm a new Ridgeline and truck owner. There are so many accessories....wondering which are worth the money? I'm certain there are opinions on this. Storage / keeping stuff from moving in the bed is a concern. Ability to have the family in the cab with comfort, and still haul bikes and luggage. Thank you.
Screen Protector for the Radio . Living with a scratch and I still don't know how it got there.

·
Registered
229 Posts
No mention of mudflaps yet? Did I miss it?
For me the top things to order in parallel with a new Ridge would be.
OE mud flaps
Weathertech floor liners
Roof rack and cross bars

Useful things I already have in the truck and use regularly or enjoy having as they're needed.....
Adjustable bungee cords
Ratchet straps
Windshield sun shade
Quality 18650 flashlight and a couple spare batteries
Long/narrow funnel for oil fills
Large umbrella
12V tire inflator + plug kit
QR bike fork mounts
Shackle receiver
Tow strap

Reactions: Steve39R

·
Registered
92 Posts
No mention of the Smartliners being made in the U.S. just used on U.S. roads. Here is a comparison between the two brands. Recognize this advertisement is written for Smartliner.
Company’s based in NYC. Meh, I’d rather support Americans than communist Chinese

·
Registered
2021 Black Edition AWD
26 Posts
No mention of mudflaps yet? Did I miss it?
For me the top things to order in parallel with a new Ridge would be.
OE mud flaps
Weathertech floor liners
Roof rack and cross bars

Useful things I already have in the truck and use regularly or enjoy having as they're needed.....
Adjustable bungee cords
Ratchet straps
Windshield sun shade
Quality 18650 flashlight and a couple spare batteries
Long/narrow funnel for oil fills
Large umbrella
12V tire inflator + plug kit
QR bike fork mounts
Shackle receiver
Tow strap
Company’s based in NYC. Meh, I’d rather support Americans than communist Chinese
I've installed WeatherTech mud flaps, and think they look even better than factory! Inexpensive, and first quality.....

·
Registered
301 Posts

I got skid plates from No Lo--high quality product, easy install:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Trunk divider - I purchased the Honda divider kit via Amazon after having the truck a few months. MUCH better storage capability with it. I also got the trunk carpet at the same time. You can install both of these products together, they do not interfere.
Honda floor mats - I purchased as an installed accessory from the dealer - these are MUCH better than WeatherTech, which I had in my previous truck. The WeatherTech mats are stiff, and therefore do not conform well to the shape of the floor pan with the carpet installed. The Honda mats stay flexible.
Exterior window visors - again, I purchased as an installed accessory from the dealer. These are much better than the aftermarket ones I bought for a previous truck. The Honda kit are very low profile and therefore not much wind resistance, and low noise.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts