Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I want a console compartment divider... do you get it from HONDA? thanks
I have both of these and am happy with them, I put felt on the bottom so they don't rattle. I am not sure if they do, but I did it anyway. The trunk organizer fits perfectly behind the console, e have the seats up most of the time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
These items are not really expensive but provide benefits:

1. Colour keyed body side moldings from Honda.
2. Honda OEM hood protector.
3. Believe it or not, 2012-2014 Ford Focus windshield sun reflector. It fits perfectly.
4. Two (2) of those 3’X4’ rubberised entry/exit black floor mats. Covers the whole bed nicely.
5. I like the Honda OEM winter & summer floor mats.
6. the Weathertech soft vinyl rollup bed cover.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm a new Ridgeline and truck owner. There are so many accessories....wondering which are worth the money? I'm certain there are opinions on this. Storage / keeping stuff from moving in the bed is a concern. Ability to have the family in the cab with comfort, and still haul bikes and luggage. Thank you.
Hard Trifold Bed Cover is important if you carry anything of value in the truck bed

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
All you have to do is leave it in neutral. Parking brake works fine.
…….or Honda could do a simple programming change so the Rigi can be slipped into park and the motor be turned off…….like normal.😉

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only accessory I'm thinking about is some Lloyd's floor mats to replace those awful stock ones - so thin and seem permanently dirty. As for modifications I plan to replace the "why bother" high beams and fog-light bulbs with bright white LED bulbs. I've watched a couple of You Tube videos and neither looks like a real challenge to do and it makes night driving a whole lot better when the lights do what they're designed for.

·
Premium Member
Red 2017 RTL-E
891 Posts
…….or Honda could do a simple programming change so the Rigi can be slipped into park and the motor be turned off…….like normal.😉
Until you pull the door handle, and it shuts off. What's the point? If I want an extra 10 seconds of the song I am enjoying, I simply sit and listen to it play out with the A/C running. :)

·
Premium Member
Red 2017 RTL-E
891 Posts
Oh, almost forgot a VERY important mod...

Three milk crates (black, of course) for the trunk.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Until you pull the door handle, and it shuts off. What's the point? If I want an extra 10 seconds of the song I am enjoying, I simply sit and listen to it play out with the A/C running. :)
Multiply that method by thousands, hundreds of thousands of vehicles running an unnecessary 10 seconds and that's a lot of wasted fuel......that a simple system programming change could eliminate.

The radio plays music????......I prefer listening to news and business talk. I can survive 10 seconds without a/c. ;)

Reactions: Razor

·
Premium Member
Red 2017 RTL-E
891 Posts
Multiply that method by thousands, hundreds of thousands of vehicles running an unnecessary 10 seconds and that's a lot of wasted fuel......that a simple system programming change could eliminate.

The radio plays music????......I prefer listening to news and business talk. I can survive 10 seconds without a/c. ;)
You can also survive a vehicle that shuts off the electronics when the engine shuts off.

Also, it is a proven fact that 10 seconds of emissions caused by running vehicles (yes, hundreds of thousands of them across the globe) is less harmful than listening to the sounds of MSM "reporters" coming from our speakers. So thank Honda for saving you from the gloom and doom.

·
Premium Member
Red 2017 RTL-E
891 Posts
Good Morning, what does SVCM stand for?
VCM delete/disable module. Some people are terrified of allowing Honda to shut down cylinders to save fuel and feel they know better than the engineers that design such features.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Not sure what the S stands for........Variable Cylinder Management.

Honda probably paid a lot of money in legal fees for a early VCM system that may have been poorly engineered.

·
Registered
76 Posts
VCM delete/disable module. Some people are terrified of allowing Honda to shut down cylinders to save fuel and feel they know better than the engineers that design such features.
I don't know that people are terrified, just that it apparently improves the experience of the 9spd way more than the 6. No wake up lag etc. I've been driving a 17 for 4 years and while I do notice the VCM, not enough to muzzle it. It was big here when I got the 17, it's gone pretty quiet on the subject lately.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I don't know that people are terrified, just that it apparently improves the experience of the 9spd way more than the 6. No wake up lag etc. I've been driving a 17 for 4 years and while I do notice the VCM, not enough to muzzle it. It was big here when I got the 17, it's gone pretty quiet on the subject lately.
I never could tell when VCM took over (engaged) on our ‘17 Rigi until I started monitoring VCM on/off. IIRC, VCM would momentarily engage as low as about 30 mph. I installed a VCMTuner II VCM disabler several months ago and took care of that.👌

61 - 75 of 75 Posts