Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add something to the truck to freshen it up, was wondering what several of you have done and what you think was the best improvement.

Could be anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
I would have to say, for me, it was the added benefit of installing my Retrax bed cover, followed by purchasing my WeatherTech floor mats.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I would have to say, for me, it was the added benefit of installing my Retrax bed cover, followed by purchasing my WeatherTech floor mats.
Pizza Man did a ROC group buy (back in the day when you could) of WeatherTech floor mats. They are "spendy" but really no comparision to originals.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I would say the Bed Mat was the best addition.
When at Ridgeline meet back in 2007 Altoona Pa along with Pizza Man another member had the Bed Mat in the bed of his truck. Some of us were sitting on the tailgate of his truck wondering about our own body weight on the tailgate. But while sitting there I just fell in love with the Bed Mat. I said when I get home I would look into ordering one and soon did. It has kept the bed in pretty good condition helps keep things from sliding around and scratching bed.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It's not for every one but many years ago I added a walnut/burl dash kit, it still works for me but had others say they did not like it, to each his own.... It changes the somewhat drab look inside.....I posted way back after doing it around 2010 ?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I resisted as long as I could but had to replaced the OEM HU when the radio lights crapped out.

Got a single DIN Pioneer with bluetooth, RDS, USB connection. Mounted my iphone to the dash with a Pro-clip mount just left of the HU.

Now I can listen to podcasts, music via BT and when the calls come in, the HU stops the tunes and let the phone take over.

I really like how the functionality of two distinct devices are so well integrated.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
+1 on the WeatherTech floor mats. Worth every penny to me!

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,433 Posts
For me, it was the OEM sport grill, because I did not like the 2009 grill at all.

user43642_pic9506_1401473565.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Curt Hitch, OEM Wiring Harness and OEM Rear Mudflaps...

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
I resisted as long as I could but had to replaced the OEM HU when the radio lights crapped out.
A few months ago I did the same for the same reason. I used a double din Kenwood with the same goodies and added the Sirius/XM tuner. I had Polk speakers that I bought in '07 but never installed them until now. That was a significant improvement, as well.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
2013 wheels (hated the 06 wheels) or the HU/BU camera/BT setup. Tough call.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Best addition has to be my FlowMaster dBX exhaust system. (combined with my Injen Powerflow tuned intake).
Overall throttle response, acceleration and power are much improved,
and the FlowMaster exhaust sounds bad ass. A nice low growl, and NO ricer/lawnmower sound.
Like a truck is meant to sound.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Truxx lift kit. Combined with 245/70-17 tires I gain 2.5" ground clearance. Because I take it offroad, so approach, departure and breakover angle are important.

Stock ground clearance is 8.2", with lift 10.2", with lift and tires 10.7"

By comparison, Tacoma is 9.5", F150 4x4 9.3".

·
Registered
531 Posts
I really like my S5 dude custom front and rear tag holders, cubby cover and sill plates.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
I've added a few accessories and mods to my RL (check out my signature below), but I'd have to say the best addition was the Weather Tech mats, closely followed by the Bak-Flip bed cover. :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts