Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Bluetooth Carphone kit for use in my Ridgeline. I have searched on the internet and it seems that most interface with the radio. Since I have the Navigation system I am assuming that this would be hard to do.

Then I have seen kits which attach to your visor, but the problem with these is they plug into your cigerette lighter (umm Power adapter in the Ridgeline :D) I dont want wires hanging down as that will look bad.

So does anyone know of a good Bluetooth Car Kit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you don't want the wires (the car charger), are you just looking for a bluetooth headset? I have a Motorola one I use with my phone, works great.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
My niece works for T-Mobile and a couple of weeks ago she showed me one she was trying out. I'm pretty sure it was Motorola and it was wireless (rechargeable) and it clipped to the visor. She was impressed with it and said I should look at it. This is a relatively new product. Here's what their website says:

Motorola Inc. - The Motorola Bluetooth Carkit HF850 is your seamless and wireless in-car connection to your compatible phone. Answer, end, mute or place calls wherever and whenever you wish. The Bluetooth link automatically activates when the ignition is on and can stay connected even while the ignition is off.

It is $180 from T-Mobile.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a Motorolla hands free kit and ended up taking it back because everyone I talked to complained of the echo and background noise. Also, the speaker is so small I couldn't hear anyone over the road noise. Then I gambled and bought a GoldLantern AT00494 Autotalk hands free system. It consists of a mireless mic that attachs to your visor and a wireless speaker that attaches the cigarette lighter. The speaker is larger, louder and more clear than the Motorolla. It also has a couple of adjustment switches for volume, tone and echo. There is no need to worry about recharging either. Also, the people I talk to say they can hear me clearly although they say there is still a lot of background noise. I really like it because I don't have to fumble with the "vulcan" ear piece. I also found a trick mount for my Blackberry that enables me to see who is calling and see my e-mails without much effort. I will post a photo this weekend if anyone is interested. The GoldLantern unit cost about $100 after a rebate and purchased through Buy.com. I believe Staples.com has them also. Retail is about $140. If you are looking for super great clarity this may not be for you. But if safety is more important than quality sound, this is a great option. http://goldlantern.com/homepages/autotalk.html

·
Registered
484 Posts
I didn't even realize they made car kits like that... New to the bluetooth phone, my wife got a new one with video and gave me the razr.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of these look good, but I am also wondering if they work with the Ridgeline with NAV. For example most of them mute the radio when a you push the button to talk.

Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The cigarette lighter style and Motorolla bluetooth systems described above do not mute your radio or play through your speakers. There are several systems out there that will do so but they require professional installation and cannot be moved from car to car should you decide to borrow your spouces vehicle.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have tried at least 7 different car kits and if you want one to work right you really need to consider hard-wired and professionally installed, unless you live close to Vertrkr (he isn't afraid to tear anything apart).

I have and like the Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset it works really well with every bt phone I have used, including the Razr. It has a nice snug fit over the ear which is why I like it better than the Motorola headsets. It also does voice dial perfectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts