Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been checking the forums out for awhile now for the G2. I am wanting to buy a FWD model in silver, but the choices at dealers seem to be pretty slim. The dealer I'm checking with indicated it might be August until they could order one, not sure how long it would be after that until I would get it. Are there any other color choices for the G2 that would be as good as silver at hiding dirt? 2 of the the last 3 cars that I have had were silver & I am happy with it. I had a blue Insight for a couple of years & it was horrible for showing dirt. Thanks for any advice!!

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I think the silver is probably your best choice. I've had several silver vehicles and I agree with your assessment that they seem to hide dirt better than any other color.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Lunar Silver or Modern Steel Metallic would be the best at hiding dirt. my buddy has a MSM '15 Accord Sport and it hides dirt pretty well. I imagine the Forest Mist Pearl would also hid dirt pretty well. White also does a decent job at hiding dirt.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,897 Posts
We don't have this choice because it's not a popular color right now, but I think beige is the best color for hiding dirt, or maybe it ties silver for this honor. My wife has a beige car and, until recently, I had a silver one. Truth: they only got washed about twice a year.

·
Administrator
16,068 Posts
I can't think of a better color to hide dirt than Honda's Champagne Frost Pearl (or a similar "tan metallic") because they are the color of dirt.

In reality, the best color depends on the where you live and what type of "dirt" gets on your vehicle. In the city, there is lots of light concrete dust, which is white so a lighter color like silver or white is better. If you live in a rural area and get a lot of mud, a brown is best. Road film is often best hidden by a gray.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
We've previously owned Orange (1977 Celica GT Liftback), Metallic Ruby Red (1980 Corolla Wagon), Metallic Grey (1990 Accord EX, 2002 Maxima, 2006 Audi A4), Black (1984 Camry, 1996 Audi A4), Light Metallic Green (2009 Volvo V70), and White (1993 Accord 10th Anniversary Edition, 2012 Ridgeline, 2016 Accord Touring) vehicles.

I purchased my Ridgeline in white because I wanted the color that would hide dirt and scratches the best and I am very pleased with my choice. White is also much cooler in the summer, especially if you also get a light color interior. I've been told that white has the highest resale and the lowest accident rate for what it's worth. :)

Reactions: ridged

·
Administrator
16,068 Posts
We've previously owned Orange (1977 Celica GT Liftback), Metallic Ruby Red (1980 Corolla Wagon), Metallic Grey (1990 Accord EX, 2002 Maxima, 2006 Audi A4), Black (1984 Camry, 1996 Audi A4), Light Metallic Green (2009 Volvo V70), and White (1993 Accord 10th Anniversary Edition, 2012 Ridgeline, 2016 Accord Touring) vehicles.

I purchased my Ridgeline in white because I wanted the color that would hide dirt and scratches the best and I am very pleased with my choice. White is also much cooler in the summer, especially if you also get a light color interior. I've been told that white has the highest resale and the lowest accident rate for what it's worth. :)
Honda's Tafetta White (solid white) is very compatible with touch-ups and repairs. Their White Orchid Pearl and White Diamond Pearl (metallic base coat, pearl coat, clear coat) are nightmares - beautiful as long as the factory finish remains, but touch-ups and repairs are very difficult. Most body shops hate tri-coat paint since it's virtually impossible to duplicate the factory finish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I can ever find a RT or RTS fwd version closer than 300 miles away to purchase, I might consider washing it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I tease of course.

Look at it this way, lighter colors are great for NOT showing scratches/swirls, white obviously being the best. White can look dirty very quickly though, so you need to keep it clean.

Darker colors are the opposite. Black looks beautiful when clean, doesn't show dirt as easily, but is THE WORST at showing scratches/swirls. I'll never own a jet black car again.

Scratches/swirls have to be polished away, dirt can simply be washed away.

I believe the easiest color to live with is silver. Hides swirls/scratches well but doesn't look quite as dirty as white. Gray is even better for dirt, a little worse for scratches/swirls though.

I personally plan on silver for the Ridgeline, knowing that its a larger vehicle I'll be washing it less than my current car, it'll be easier to live with.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
None of the colors are any better then the other where I go. When I come home from up north after drivin the gravel and loggin roads its a mess, its that clay dirt muck or dust. In order to clean anything good it all has to be touched. Cant just do a half ass pressure wash job and call it good, so it take sometime to do a good job. Did they make the front seats better as far a better side and you think they will be easier to clean without leaving a stain. I dont have any stains but after 12 years of trying to be so carefull its getting old.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts