Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting into light offroading so I don't know of too many places local to socal that I could do this legally but I can only imagine there's some spectacular locations considering the variety of terrains. Anyone care to share their favorite spots?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lessee:

Hungry Valley OHV recreation area, 5 north, off at Smokey Bear road, lots of sand and trails, you can proceed to Alamo mountain via the road, not much off roading on the mountain but a neat place to see.

Los Padres forest, every where.

Carrizo Plane national monument aka Soda Lake

Keep in mind the RL is not a rock crawler or heavily armored underneath. I don't off road for fun but I have been to or through these places thousands of times to go hunting or fishing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Might also check out Johnson Valley OHV up in Lucernne/Apple Valley. Mule Canyon in Calico is always nice. Also there are some truck trails up to Santiago Peak, but they sometimes close during the summer. Big Bear, specifically Holcomb Valley. There is a back way up to Big Bear, with two sections that are pretty rough. I would be interested to see how the Ridgeline handled these sections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts