Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a set of decent rachet straps and maybe some other forms of tie downs just to stash in my trunk. Any suggestions/advice on the best to get or any to avoid?

Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I usually buy whatever I can find at Costco or Sams in a 4-pack. I did see some really nice Reese branded ones at walmart the other day. Check the thickness of the straps I know some are pretty thin. I keep at least 4 in the truck at all times. You just never know.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I just bought a set of 4 at Home Depot the hdx brand, I used it just 2 days ago for a treadmill and the treadmill was not going anywhere. I believe they cost just around $15 US dollars.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've been using a set of light duty ones from harbor freight. Though they are cheap, they haven't failed in 3 years, even when hauling around heavy stuff or using them to cinch down brush.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just bought a set of 4 at Home Depot the hdx brand, I used it just 2 days ago for a treadmill and the treadmill was not going anywhere. I believe they cost just around $15 US dollars.
Depends on what you are going to haul, but like Smokey, I bought the HDX 4-pack from Home Depot for ~$14. Strapped my 17'+ canoe to my buddy's Xterra this year and it didn't budge on our trip from MD to WV, about 3.5 hours of interstate, winding mountain roads, and a rough gravel/dirt "road"/trail.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I bought a set of the Gear Armor straps for my Dad for Christmas this year and was so impressed, I bought me a set.

http://www.geararmour.com/

The quality is top notch and the strap is loaded in from the side instead of from the top which makes it far easier to pull out the slack.

I bought a pair of 16' J hooks from the Home Depot site which I think is the only retailer.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Have you looked into the Honda Cargo Net?

For 90% of the items of the items I have secured with the cargo net and maybe only 10% of the time did I need the ratchet tie downs....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought a set of 4-14 foot SmartStrap Rachet-X, a couple 10 footers and a big barrel of bungees from Northern Tool. Now I just need something to strap down...

Ordering an OEM cargo net as well, think it will help with luggage in the back for family trips...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts