Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can someone who has one of these covers chime in and tell me what these covers do on interstate driving. Do they flop around or stay pretty secured and tight. Thank you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can someone who has one of these covers chime in and tell me what these covers do on interstate driving. Do they flop around or stay pretty secured and tight. Thank you.
I've got the North Mountain, and it's tight as a drum on the highway (130 miles today), with very little movement & no noise (windows closed though).
It'll probably need a slight bit of stretching by spring, I can feel a little less tension while snapping it shut ten days after installation, but it's still pretty tight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any updates on how the North Mountain is working out for you?

I understand that all covers leak "some" - how about yours?

Thanks.
So far I am satisfied with the purchase. The only dislike is that it flaps on high way speed. I haven't played around with the adjustment yet though. It puddles up when rain. I was hoping for increase in mpg but I see no difference.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had my North Mountain on for a few weeks now, and I'm really happy with it.
I took my RL to a touch-free wash today, and the only areas that leaked were up front, down through the gaps in the bed, this isn't the fault of the cover, it's just a result of Honda's design. I'll seal those in the warmer weather. Not a drop through the tailgate.

There is a little flapping/vibration (just visual, no noise, even with the rear slider open) so I'll adjust the tension in the spring as well.
I have noticed better gas mileage since I've had it on.

This thing installs easily, looks great, allows the trunk to open fully and allows full bed-height/width use.

I just saw that a neighbor bought a used RL, and it has the same cover on it.
I'll ask him how he likes it, but I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be.

This is a great cover, and it's less that 1/2 the price of others.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts