Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Bought our second Ridgeline this weekend, simply because my wife & I really like our 08. This is a low mileage 06, black.
Starting to show signs of clear coat fade on the roof near the top of the doors. Obviously that'll have to be a paint shop repair, but in the meantime, what's the best way to help preserve the clear coat (other than keep it in the garage 24/7)?

The Florida sun is brutal, especially on black paint!

Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can apply sealant or coating though it still depends on how frequent you apply it to make sure that the clear coat has plenty of UV protection.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Protect from uv period and of course mechanical abrasion. Im not in Florida but i am a fan of those spray on waxes .. I like waxx from flitz. Mine shines like new

·
Super Moderator
5,578 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm going to have a professional come out and clay bar and give a solid once over. Should hide lots of those little scratches. Black looks great from a distance, but up close scratches stand out like a fart in church.
After that I'll try one of the products you guys mentioned. I'll research each one.

The clearcoat fade isn't that obvious, but neither is cancer once it first forms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts