Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to buy a new queen size mattress. The outlet wants $80 to deliver it my home. Do you guys think it's possible to haul it in my RL, therefore saving me the $80 delivery fee? I believe the measurements are 80"x60". I am sure I would have to have the tailgate down in order to do this. Any advice on the best way to do it, or should I not even attempt it?
I had a late evening job change which was going to require me to load a mirrored wardrobe door on my truck while my truck bed was filled with tools... and I had an epiphany...
I went to my garage, pulled out a 2x4, cut it to length and bolted it to the 2 high tie downs right behind the rear window...
At 6am, I bought a sheet of plywood from the Home Depot I was picking the closet door from, took it to my truck and screwed it to the 2x4 allowing it to sit on and hang over the closed tailgate, then I went back inside and picked up the huge door...
My original plan was to remove it afterward, but it's NOT in the way, and I've used it in the same manner a few more times... It also lets me more securely tie off tall narrow things like water heaters... AND, when passing lumber through the rear window, it keeps the lumber OFF the window frame...
If I had to move my California King Bed, it would go on a sheet of plywood attached to the 2x4...
You can take the mattress I had done perfect vehicle to do moving

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a late evening job change which was going to require me to load a mirrored wardrobe door on my truck while my truck bed was filled with tools... and I had an epiphany...
I went to my garage, pulled out a 2x4, cut it to length and bolted it to the 2 high tie downs right behind the rear window...
At 6am, I bought a sheet of plywood from the Home Depot I was picking the closet door from, took it to my truck and screwed it to the 2x4 allowing it to sit on and hang over the closed tailgate, then I went back inside and picked up the huge door...
My original plan was to remove it afterward, but it's NOT in the way, and I've used it in the same manner a few more times... It also lets me more securely tie off tall narrow things like water heaters... AND, when passing lumber through the rear window, it keeps the lumber OFF the window frame...
If I had to move my California King Bed, it would go on a sheet of plywood attached to the 2x4...
Sounds like a good idea! Pics of the set up please.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts