Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have several wireless CarPlay adapter threads here but I’m not getting a sense there is a make/model that most consider to be “best”.

I got an early version of Cplay2Air and it didn’t work well, getting confused switching between 2 iPhones and sometimes just not loading. I have a 2021 ridgeline. I haven’t used it in probably 9 months and just went back to plugging in with a cable (although sometimes the system doesn’t see the iPhone even when plugged in via cable and I wonder if there isn’t a software update for the Honda software?).

For those that have tried several or are really happy with their wireless adapters, could you share your preferences/experiences/year of your ridge line?

I found this article but didn’t find it too helpful:

Thanks for any suggestions/comparisons.

· Registered
209 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
I purchased the OCCOCAST a week a go. I have a 2022 RTL. I made a wireless charging mount for my phone so I can see and have access to my phone while it charges. I don't want to plug in my phone in any way if possible. So far the OCCOCAST has been pretty perfect. It came with a short cord and it's tucked out of the way and forgotten about. During my research I saw it's necessary to remove your phone from your entertainment center as a bluetooth device. Yesterday I turned my entertainment bluetooth all together so it wouldn't ask if I wanted to pair a phone every time I turned on the engine. Once I start the engine it takes about 30 seconds at the most to sync up with zero effort on my part. Very happy

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Plant

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

· Premium Member
46 Posts
I have been using this same unit in my 2021 RTL. Takes about 20-30 seconds for the navigation screen to come up after the engine starts, but it connects every time without hassle.

I'm using the AUTOBOX: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QJXQRPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It has worked flawlessly, connects quickly, but has one weird action...If I change the touchscreen to "Audio" or "Map", it will automatically change the touchscreen back to CarPlay after about a 2 minute period. Other than that, I highly recommend it.

· Registered
1 Posts
We have several wireless CarPlay adapter threads here but I’m not getting a sense there is a make/model that most consider to be “best”.

I got an early version of Cplay2Air and it didn’t work well, getting confused switching between 2 iPhones and sometimes just not loading. I have a 2021 ridgeline. I haven’t used it in probably 9 months and just went back to plugging in with a cable (although sometimes the system doesn’t see the iPhone even when plugged in via cable and I wonder if there isn’t a software update for the Honda software?).

For those that have tried several or are really happy with their wireless adapters, could you share your preferences/experiences/year of your ridge line?

I found this article but didn’t find it too helpful:

Thanks for any suggestions/comparisons.
Do these have to be plugged into the front USB adapter to work??

· Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,860 Posts
Does this unit work for Android phones as well or just Apple?
The Autobox only works with iPhones. You can purchase a different brand for Android such as AAWireless or Motorola MA1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts