Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just bought a 2012 Ridgeline with stock 18" rims. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any Light truck tires available for that rim size so I am stuck having to buy new rims and going for a LT 245/70-17 tire. There are conflicting reports on here as to weather or not they will rub. I live on a long gravel road and need a minimum 6 ply tire. The BFG's are 10 ply which is perfect but I'd prefer not to rub and don't want to get a lift.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
I'm unsure if you've checked out the Master Tire Thread, but you may want to spend time seeing what's listed for 18" tire options. I'm certain that if LT245/65/17 is the correct size for 17" tires, it will not be the correct side wall size for 18, per America's Tire, the correct tire sizes, are 245/60-18, 255/60-18, 235/65-18, or 225/65-18. I'm by far no tire upsizing expert, but I'd check out the Master Tire thread & give it a few days, I'm certain some other members will post possible other tire solutions. FWIW, the 18" RL Rims were a limited production run so they should sell fairly easily, you may even find a member willing to trade 17" for 18". You'll need to get to 25 posts to start a thread in the Trading Post, but spend some time on the Tire thread, and post a greeting on the Greetings & Introductions thread, say hi to some members and before you know it you'll have 25 posts.

Good Luck & Enjoy the Ride!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are no light truck tires that fit the Honda Ridgeline 18" rims. There are a few options for the 17" rims but very few. To bad!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts