Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returning back to the forums from an 8 year hiatus when my G1 got rear ended and totaled. I was close to getting a F150, but my nearest Honda just got some G2s on the lot. Test drove one and drove out with a G2 the same day.

Ive had the new RL for a few weeks now and was trying to reinstate my old username, but never got a response so I just re-registered today. I haven't had any problems yet so I'm quite a happy camper so far...

I just put on som KO2s sized at 265-60-18. No rubbing. The first thing a larger tire would hit would be the inside plastic wheel well. Still about 2 inches to the mud flaps. I just added the chrome accented running boards and just awaiting Truxxx to come out with their lift kit now.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The image is at full wheel lock. I did do some full wheel lock turns On some uneven packed sand to see if there was any rubbing, but there is none.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Returning back to the forums from an 8 year hiatus when my G1 got rear ended and totaled. I was close to getting a F150, but my nearest Honda just got some G2s on the lot. Test drove one and drove out with a G2 the same day.

Ive had the new RL for a few weeks now and was trying to reinstate my old username, but never got a response so I just re-registered today. I haven't had any problems yet so I'm quite a happy camper so far...

I just put on som KO2s sized at 265-60-18. No rubbing. The first thing a larger tire would hit would be the inside plastic wheel well. Still about 2 inches to the mud flaps. I just added the chrome accented running boards and just awaiting Truxxx to come out with their lift kit now.
Awesome I love these tires and have wondered how they'd work on the G2. Would you mind taking some closer pictures so we can see them a little better?

How do they ride vs stock? Are they noisy? Are they E rated? I don't see C rated in that size.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Nice look with slightly bigger tires. As noted elsewhere, rubbing can occur at full steering lock with some brands of 265/60's. I'm less worried about suspension travel, especially in rear wheel wells where Honda made allowance for bed lowering under maximum rated load. Much bigger issue for folks like me is clearance to mount front tire chains when needed for mountain passes or deep snow in the winter -- not an option with 265/60's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tires are E rated and I have them at 38psi for for now. Definitely overkill, but the tires are mainly for the aggressive look. The ride is similar to the stock Firestones at the current PSI and the KO2s are noticeably louder which give it more of a truck feel. The thick sidewalls keep them feel from feeling wobbly at 38psi.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Nice and thats all you get, any comments I make seems to get me in the dog house, so no more input from me, Ill post else where. Enjoy that new RL and Happy Trails or Roads............

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'd be curious to see the impact on mpg once you've had them a bit. An e rated tire had to add a good bit of weight to spin around.

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
No, that was a comment all right...

and a not-so-subtle ****ty hint ! :surprise:
he does that all the time. whines about something, and at the say time says he will not whine. The fact that he posts that he will not comment, he is complaining about some aspect of the truck.

while everyone is entitled to their own opinions. replying to every single post from each member about the same subject non stop is annoying and trollish. replying with that frequency AND condemning others while repeating that the truck is nothing but a pilot with a bed is effin stupid.

sheesh. I personally feel that there is something else driving his need to post his repeated negative comments on the G2. :|

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Tires add about 11lbs per corner. I've put over 1 full tank on them. It's barely at 1mpg less. 40% highway, 50% city, 10% sand/gravel. I will keep monitoring.
Any snow out there yet? :grin:

ok, too early to test it in the snow I guess...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Tires add about 11lbs per corner. I've put over 1 full tank on them. It's barely at 1mpg less. 40% highway, 50% city, 10% sand/gravel. I will keep monitoring.

That's pretty good. Not that I'd take the RL on the same trails but I found them to be just as capable off-road as the BFG KM and better on wet roads. Enjoy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice looking running boards. What brand and model? Do they fit up against the body? I'm looking for some that fit close to the body to hide the bead welds under the doors, but don't look boxy...have tapered end caps to give a more sleek look.

·
Registered
182 Posts
he does that all the time. whines about something, and at the say time says he will not whine. The fact that he posts that he will not comment, he is complaining about some aspect of the truck.

while everyone is entitled to their own opinions. replying to every single post from each member about the same subject non stop is annoying and trollish. replying with that frequency AND condemning others while repeating that the truck is nothing but a pilot with a bed is effin stupid.

sheesh. I personally feel that there is something else driving his need to post his repeated negative comments on the G2. :|
I was just poking fun, didn't mean to stir the nest ;) I've also had my share of bitches and complaints, it is what it is.

·
Registered
567 Posts
can you try doing a full turn lock and go over bumps, or more realistically do a turn around in a street there the road meets a driveway and there a dip between the road and driveway. I would be interested to know if you get any rub or knocking in this situation.. if not i may grab a set of these before winter hits :D

I'd feel better with a 1.5" lift in the front before doing this

1 - 20 of 24 Posts