Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant find a bike rack that fits in the bed without taking the wheels off the bikes
any help would be appreciated :confused:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I trust you would like to leave the tailgate closed, if so the bikes will not fit.

Search earlier posts on this site and you will see a rack I fabricated out of PVC pipe that holds four bikes. It pulls apart and fits in the trunk. It works well, but I seldom use it unless I need to haul four bikes.
I keep a moving blanket in the trunk and now just throw y bike in the bed it fits diagonaly without removing the wheels. I can put at least three bikes in this way using the moving blanket between the bikes to keep chafe down. With a couple bungees across the top the bikes ride secure with the gate closed and it is Way Easier than a rack.
Just thro them in and go.

I used to have a four bike carrier that went into a reciever hitch. I hated it, it would take fifteen minutes of playing Rubics Cube to get four full suspension bikes on the thing and tied down so they would not bang around like wind chimes going down the road.

Forget the rack get a nice moving blanket and try to keep it from moving. Mine keeps going to the beach with the kids or up and goes on a picnik.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sportworks hitch rack.

It takes less than 5 seconds to put a bike on or off and you do not have to remove the wheels.

I can post a pick if you like.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks like Sportswork has a few solutions. Which one did you have success with?

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is the one I have it is so AWESOME.

A Recess Monkey could put a bike on and off with wheels attached in less than 10 seconds. I have used mine for 4 years and its the best I have seen, I wonder why people buy Yakima and the others when this folds up so neatly and is so easy and durable. No bungees just extend the arm up over the tire and your done.

http://www.sportworks.com/sttra.asp

TranSport Series racks feature our secure and convenient Ratcheting Quick-Load system (RQL). Carry up to 4 bikes with a 2" hitch. This rack folds up for storage and down from the vehicle to gain rear access while loaded with bikes. This model also features our patented rear wheel lock ring.

Features

Hitch-mounted rack with Ratcheting Quick-load system (RQL)
Folds up when not in use and down for access to rear of vehicle
No wheel removal required.
Carries up to 4 bikes with a 2" hitch
Carries up to 2 bikes with a 1-¼" hitch
Innovative lock ring secures rear wheel
Part Number Description
253120 2-bike rack for 2" hitch with RQL system
253121 2-bike rack for 1-1/4" hitch with RQL system
253102 3rd bike add-on with RQL system
253202 4th bike add-on with RQL system
253304 2-Bike Rack for 2" Hitch with RQL System & Mad Phat! Tire Hoops
253303 2-Bike Rack for 1-¼" Hitch with RQL System & Mad Phat! Tire Hoops

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
FYI:
For those coming across this thread via a search (like I did), SportWorks has sold their consumer-grade bike rack products to Thule, and now only makes commercial-grade bike racks for buses.

Chip H.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts