Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I saw this dealer on another site. Looks like >$3000 discounts on Ridgelines.
Seems to be legit on dealerrater.
Is this for real??
Anyone ever buy there??

New Vehicles DCH Kay Honda
I did but did not purchase from them. I live in Albany NY so a ride to Jersey not a big deal to save 3k. NJ has high doc fees so I found out that DCH has several dealers in NY, NJ and CA. I asked their sister location in NY to match price and they did. I was ready to give a deposit but the numbers did not jive for the final check amount. Turns out that they charge $498 for etching and nitrogen. I walked based upon principle but it was the best deal I could find anywhere. In terms of OTD numbers I ended up paying $700 more with another dealer for an RTS which is scarce. DCH had 3 RTS at each of their 2 locations that I could drive to. NY has low doc fee of $75 while NJ was a couple hundred. Other than that, they looked legit and were very professional and prompt over the phone and internet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Look at their web site closely and dig for details. You will find the vehicle has 999 miles on it. A group of us went through this earlier this week and we found every one that was discounted within 200-300 miles of NYC has about 1000 miles on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Look at their web site closely and dig for details. You will find the vehicle has 999 miles on it. A group of us went through this earlier this week and we found every one that was discounted within 200-300 miles of NYC has about 1000 miles on them.
Good job I couldn't find the mileage when you referenced in the other thread. I wonder about the location in Nanuet. It is a rather old VIN for the RTS I was negotiating on but I can't find the mileage.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Awesome job guys.

If its too good to be true it probably......................

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Well, anyone looking in New Jersey should contact them.
I'll add more in a few...

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
I sometime wonder why so many fall for the sales gimmicks, it's still the same old story, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Maybe in some areas of the US dealers are holding their prices up, it's understandable, new vehicle, low inventories, many customers. I have found in my area (DFW) that the smaller Honda dealers tend to want list price on the new Ridgelines, they many only have 3-4 in stock, but the larger dealers will discount and they may have 10-12 in stock, one DFW Honda dealer has 15 in stock. I would say that most RL buyers probably don't need a new vehicle, they just want one, well we are pretty much that way.

trainman

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you cannot find the mileage listed anywhere, click on their video link. That brought up the actual mileage. Hard to find to say the least. And one comment regarding Honda dealers I have encountered over the course of many years and many, many auto purchases. Honda dealers tend to be the highest pressure, the most slippery and untrustworthy of any for the buying experience. That applies in the twin cities area. I have not bought from all obviously. This time I spent a lot of time researching dealers etc and choose the one I thought would be best to deal with. So far so good. Actually within 300 miles of my home. Being retired has one advantage. Lots of time available.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you go to the site and "print" the vehicle, it gives you the mileage. He red one is 10 miles...... hummmmm

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
If you go to the site and "print" the vehicle, it gives you the mileage. He red one is 10 miles...... hummmmm
You will never know unless you ask this is a big dealer group it's possible. The RTS's I was looking at are gone at the other location.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was in communications with them regarding an RTS awd. They advertise their deep discounts but that comes with an asterisk which states that the price doesn't include dealer add-ons and what not. Here were the add-ons and other fees they were trying to push on this particular vehicle:

Sale Price: $31,361.00
Doc Fee: $399.00
Secure Window Etch: $299.00 *
Appearance Package: $599.00*
Wheel Locks: $110.00*
Nitro Fill: $199.00*
Total: $32,967.00 + ttl

So their deep discount isn't so deep. I'm sure you can negotiate those add-ons down and get a decent price but I doubt many are getting $3k off.

On another note: their Internet sales manager, Susan, claimed that I couldn't talk to a sales person about negotiating those add-ons unless I came in person. ?

·
Registered
296 Posts

On another note: their Internet sales manager, Susan, claimed that I couldn't talk to a sales person about negotiating those add-ons unless I came in person. ?
Then "Susan" would lose my business, plain and simple. When stealerships try and charge me idiotic doc fees etc, I tell them that I’ll be charging the dealership the following additional fees if they charged me fees:

-$250 Customer Premiere Focus Fee
-$100 Internet Search Optimization Fee
-$150 DMV Processing Tax Levy
-$25 Sales Interaction Communication Tax
-$299 Live-Human, Voice-Optimization Fee

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I was in communications with them regarding an RTS awd. They advertise their deep discounts but that comes with an asterisk which states that the price doesn't include dealer add-ons and what not. Here were the add-ons and other fees they were trying to push on this particular vehicle:

So their deep discount isn't so deep. I'm sure you can negotiate those add-ons down and get a decent price but I doubt many are getting $3k off.

They have another location in Nanuet, NY that has a $75 doc fee. They worked up a deal as follows:

Price 31,361.00
Tax (7%) 2,195.27
etch+nitro 498.00
doc fee 75.00
reg+tire fee 275.00

Total 34,404

I didn't like this practice so I walked. Did the deal with a fair dealer (Lia) otd I was at 35,076. Took two phone calls over a span of 10 minutes. No BS charges when picked up the RTS. So yes I could have saved 672 (plus tax) and as it turns out the dealers were almost the same distance from where I live. This was the first car I paid over cost for since my 87 Mustang GT which I paid sticker on that one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts