Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go to Boulder for work last week and didn't want to let the RL sit in the parking garage at the airport, so I took my wife's Pilot and let her drive the truck for a week. In the two months that I've had it, she's only driven to the grocery store that's 1 mile away a couple times. The day after I came home, I tossed my backpack in the back seat of the RL as I was getting ready to go to work and my wife suddenly appeared and said "What are you doing? You're not thinking of taking my truck to work, are you?"

She wasn't happy, but I hopped in and left. Her '14 Pilot's nice and all - comfortable, powerful, roomy - but the RL is better in almost every way.

(Apologies for the clickbait title.)

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
That's not a bad problem to have, unless you can't afford a '16 or newer Pilot ;)

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
My two favorite things about my RL1: no one in the family wants to drive it, and there is nowhere my dog would rather be.

Reactions: Terracar

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had to go to Boulder for work last week and didn't want to let the RL sit in the parking garage at the airport, so I took my wife's Pilot and let her drive the truck for a week. In the two months that I've had it, she's only driven to the grocery store that's 1 mile away a couple times. The day after I came home, I tossed my backpack in the back seat of the RL as I was getting ready to go to work and my wife suddenly appeared and said "What are you doing? You're not thinking of taking my truck to work, are you?"

She wasn't happy, but I hopped in and left. Her '14 Pilot's nice and all - comfortable, powerful, roomy - but the RL is better in almost every way.

(Apologies for the clickbait title.)
My husband and I have been married for over 45 years. We don't drive each others cars. EVER! This started because we each had VW's when we got married and discovered that we had broken in the transmission a bit differently so we kept grinding the gears if we swapped cars. Done and done. Its my truck. I haven't mellowed but, he is a great detailer so I have hung onto him for all these years. Maybe I will let him drive it around the block...in a month or so.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Don't be upset. Atleast you dident let your grandma borrow it to get some new "flowers" for her garden. She kept the keys for a week and left me in her base model 2014 CR-V which could have happily fit her 2 pots of magnolias.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Oh boy when I read the title I though oh man here we go again another bash fest. Its easy and small enough to drive the woman like it not a bad thing or maybe it is now. My wife likes my new truck but doesn't care to drive unless she has to. I understand and I'm ok with that. Son loves it and he doesn't want to go in anything else right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife got a 2016 Nissan Murano Platinum over Memorial Day weekend and I had to beg her to let me drive it. That is one sweet car! When we looked at Ridgelines this past weekend she was getting more giddy than when she got her Murano. I got some payback when she was begging me to take the new Ridgeline and I got to tell her nope. Now she wants to trade cars once a week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts