Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ridgeline owners,

I am sure this question has been asked before about going to bigger rims and tires.

But specific question is that can I use the following:

1. 2011 Acura MDX rims that have same bolt pattern of 5x120
- Rim size 19" same bolt pattern and offset as my 2011 Honda ridgeline
- but tire size is 275-45-19, will that be too wide and rub against wheel wells? and ride lower?
- Will the TPMS sensors on the MDX be compatible and recognized by my ridgeline?

Many thanks to all of you,
Greg

· Registered
31 Posts
I think MDX has a deeper offset. +45 or something like that. I think the tires will fit....but you'd need some wheel spacers. On a good note, you'd need a lot of spacer...20mm or more. You can get Bolt on spacers that will work better than "spacer plates".

Check Amazon for Ridgeline TPMS and see if the Acura is listed....,or vise versa.

Brand new Schrader TPMS sensors are only $32ea on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you fmicmatt.
I just saw this as I could not log in for some reason.

I am still looking for wheels. Will 2017 ridgeline with same bolt pattern fit on 2011 ridgeline?

The offset is 55 and center bore I think is 72?
2011 is 45 offset and 62.1 center bore.

so I need spacers?

Thanks,
Greg

· Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,934 Posts
From a daily driving perspective, wheel spacers are not a wise choice. It induces unnecessary stress on your hubs and drive-line causing premature wear. Also, your 275 width tire will NOT fit into the tray, should you need to fit it back in due to a flat or use a 5th one the same size as the other 4.

· Registered
31 Posts
Good points for some owners.......they don't bother me though. Yea, spacer/no spacer has been beaten to death on almost every car forums. There's data and logic to support both sides. I have used 5/16 Autozone and 3/16 eBay Hub-centric ones on my ridge and the hub-centric ones feel and drive like factory. I'm not concerned if my tire fits in the spare-tire space. I have a whole bed that is wide open. That's a very valid complaint on some sports cars though! .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Also, not all wheels can handle spacers. If they are flat between the spokes on the back of the wheel, they will not work. There needs to be a space in the wheel for the spacer bolts/nuts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.