Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! It's been 2 years since I have my 22x10 rims on my ridgeline 2008 EXL and I noticed that there was a small vibration in my steering. I did rebalance my rims and there is always a small vibration. I was wondering if I need steering stabilizer or what part could be defective. Because the first year I had my rims there was no vibration

thank you

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
This answer is total speculation, and I really have NO experience with 'super' large wheel sizes like that. But I'd guess that you're larger wheel size is just putting more load in places not designed for it, and you'll just have to replace parts sooner than normal (axles, bushings, etc.). Again - total speculation.
:)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
My vibration turned out to be all 4 struts needing to be replaced. Did the trick, no more vibration. That was at 150,000 miles. My tires tell me that I should have probably changed them at 125,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
And I've read that most struts should be changed between 50k & 75k miles. Since the Ridgeline is my 4th Honda vehicle, my experience is that Honda struts are good in my area (road conditions really dictate ware) for about 100k

YMMV...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts