Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fit a bicycle in the back seat? One of the videos online shows a guy pulling a fully assembled Mountain Bike out of the back seat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My trek 1000 road bike fits great in the backseat. Tire on and all. I did manage to tear part of the door seal with the pedal so be careful :(

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My Specialized DH bike laughes at the whole idea. It prefers to have it's bars upright in the bed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ummm yeah...I own several bikes, my fave being a dual sport mtb with 28inch handlebars. There is a pic in the brochure of a full size hardtail in there with the wheel turned at a 45 degree angle. But if you know mtb's you know handle bar widths come in different lengths. Whatever you do...make sure your handler bar doesn't take out one of your rear windows. From what I saw in the brochure, the bike had a standard xc bar that is between 23 to 25 inches.In addition if you are running flat pedals with pins on them...count on getting them caught in the rear pockets of your front seats on some random day when you are too exhausted to pay much attention to what you are doing after a ride. Check out my post on the saris track that you can mount either to your bed floor or door...plus you will find another member in that post who talks about another altenrative that does not require to take the front wheel off. Good luck and keep that dirty greasy two wheeled beast away from your upholstry will ya! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts