Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The black cloth seats in my 17 sport stain very easily. I have used a little interior cleaner to try and get rid of it but it seems to make it worse so I just live with it. The stains look sort of white and circular like water stains and when I tried to clean it the circle just gets larger. I like the material and pattern of these seats but the stains bug me because I'm a bit of a clean freak. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The black cloth seats in my 17 sport stain very easily. I have used a little interior cleaner to try and get rid of it but it seems to make it worse so I just live with it. The stains look sort of white and circular like water stains and when I tried to clean it the circle just gets larger. I like the material and pattern of these seats but the stains bug me because I'm a bit of a clean freak. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?
I have the same problem with my 2018.I Used a foam upholstery cleaner,then wet it with a wet microfiber,then dried it with another microfiber,and use a waterproof seat cover .I haven’t tried Scotch Guard.That may help to protect it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Interesting enough I just noticed this same issue with my 17 sport. Thought it was one my kids who must have spilled something on the passenger seat to cause the white stains. I just used microfiber cloth and water and it was gone but just notice a little more again yesterday.

I guess it’s a common black cloth thing. I wonder what is in the cloth/foam causing the white residue/stain look. I have not notice it on any other seats. Just passenger front.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any photos of the culprit stain? Does it appear like a slightly faded area? I had one like that only the back of one of my BE seats and I use a leather care product called lexol quick care it is not oil based so it doesn’t make leather slick or greasy. Good at cleaning and conditioning leathers. I use it every 3 months on all of my leather surfaces. Not to mention it smells deliciously like cedar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
This was a problem in the G1 Ridgeline also. Cleaning them and spray with Scotchguard seemed to be the solution.
https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/threads/rts-seat-staining-issues-water.29710/#post-424189
Interesting enough I just noticed this same issue with my 17 sport. Thought it was one my kids who must have spilled something on the passenger seat to cause the white stains. I just used microfiber cloth and water and it was gone but just notice a little more again yesterday.
I guess it’s a common black cloth thing. I wonder what is in the cloth/foam causing the white residue/stain look. I have not notice it on any other seats. Just passenger front.
IDK either. May not be your kids spilling anything. I have not spilled anything on mine at most maybe condensation from a water bottle. Anyway thanks to all who replied and I will give the water and microfiber a shot.
Any photos of the culprit stain? Does it appear like a slightly faded area? I had one like that only the back of one of my BE seats and I use a leather care product called lexol quick care it is not oil based so it doesn’t make leather slick or greasy. Good at cleaning and conditioning leathers. I use it every 3 months on all of my leather surfaces. Not to mention it smells deliciously like cedar.
All my other black interiors have been leather. I will give some these suggestions a try and if I have good results maybe I can post some before and after. Probably will go minimal first with water and microfiber.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Whoops just reread OP’s original post. Didn’t notice we are referring to cloth seats. DO NOT USE THE LEXOL ON CLOTH INTERIOR. The civic I used to own had this problem with its interior. My dad owned a detail shop and so I always used commercial products to clean my car. I used something similar to this. It always seemed to get the water stains out of my cloth seats! Best of luck!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wish they would bring back vinyl seats............................ problem solved..
yeah yeah I know they get hot, they get cold etc... but easy to clean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts