Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my black edition is supposed to be delivered sometime between the 7th and 15th this month, I am planning on having the windows tinted as dark as legally possible to match the passenger windows, but I had a question about the moon roof. Does the moon roof come from the factory with any tint on it? Or is it just plain UV rated clear glass. If its clear, what percentage, if any do you all recommend putting onto the moon roof? Please let me know your thoughts...

· Registered
98 Posts
Hey everyone, my black edition is supposed to be delivered sometime between the 7th and 15th this month, I am planning on having the windows tinted as dark as legally possible to match the passenger windows, but I had a question about the moon roof. Does the moon roof come from the factory with any tint on it? Or is it just plain UV rated clear glass. If its clear, what percentage, if any do you all recommend putting onto the moon roof? Please let me know your thoughts...
I can't pull up the link right now as I'm on my phone, but there's a thread where a member used his tint meter and got about 15% for the rears.

It's definitely not legal to do that in the front, but I went that route as well and it looks great. I highly recommend you do the same!

· Registered
353 Posts
I would prefer to use the shiny silver reflective 3M film on the moon roof; it reflects the sun's heat, unlike the dark films which absorb the heat and make the glass too hot to touch. The mirror film is not legal on side windows but you could probably use it on a moonroof.

I used to use it on all my windows, back when it was still legal, and the car stayed nice and cool, even when parked in the south Florida sun for hours.

· Registered
173 Posts
It's a minor tint - I don't think it's the same level as the back seat windows or rear window but it provides a minimal amount of shade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.