Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well...she's finally all blacked out. Not a piece of chrome on this RTL-E except for the tailpipes and lug nuts and they may be going soon too! What do you all think?

And...if you are looking for chrome handles...please see my post in the classified section.

Car Vehicle Tire Plant Grille

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car

Car Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Cloud Sky

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The front H looks a little bright.
That's all you can say??? 😂 Can't change that...it's part of the Radar Unit and even factory Black Editions have the same chrome Radar Unit.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh forgive me, I didn’t realize you wanted a obsequious response.
I don't know why I even bother responding to you. You're like a grumpy old man and the glass is always half-empty. A simple..."that looks nice" would have sufficed. Or, knowing you, you could have just said it looks like $hit;)

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
I don't know why I even bother responding to you. You're like a grumpy old man and the glass is always half-empty. A simple..."that looks nice" would have sufficed. Or, knowing you, you could have just said it looks like $hit;)
Well, I am a grumpy old man but I tend to be optimistic. To say either “that looks nice” or “that looks like $hit” would not be me answering the question you asked.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Security - I think your truck looks great. You've done about all you can regarding the now-famous "anti-chrome" movement and I can see those lug nuts having their day in "blackout" court...lol. Congrats on a very nice looking ride. I'd leave the pipes black if it were me.
Well done!

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Security - I think your truck looks great. You've done about all you can regarding the now-famous "anti-chrome" movement and I can see those lug nuts having their day in "blackout" court...lol. Congrats on a very nice looking ride. I'd leave the pipes black if it were me.
Well done!
Thanks Jim! I am running out of things to do this truck:)

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I have 2 words for you: new shoes.
I just did mine and joined the "265" club, and I will tell you this - the truck looks much better with wheel wells filled up a little more. Did you level the truck yet? Any intensions to?
Pictures to follow soon of the new shoes...

Reactions: securityguy

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldn't disagree my friend. I don't plan on investing in anything that costly as the RL will be traded in in the fall of 2023 for a 2024 full size crew cab 4X4 like. Trying to keep the mods reasonably priced so I don't loose too much when I go to sell her.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I hear ya.
I'm in it for the long haul...

Reactions: Tangotango99

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Are you considering electric?

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you considering electric?
Not a Ford fan, but may look at the Rivian, the new GMC Sierra Denali and AT4 and RAM will be introducing their new truck in 2024 too. We'll see...not sure this country is really ready for too many electric vehicles and kinda funny that they are powered by coal fired power plants:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not a Ford fan, but may look at the Rivian, the new GMC Sierra Denali and AT4 and RAM will be introducing their new truck in 2024 too. We'll see...not sure this country is really ready for too many electric vehicles and kinda funny that they are powered by coal fired power plants:ROFLMAO:
I guess depending where you live. In my state the final 2 coal plants left are closing this month. We’re nuclear and renewables here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well...she's finally all blacked out. Not a piece of chrome on this RTL-E except for the tailpipes and lug nuts and they may be going soon too! What do you all think?

And...if you are looking for chrome handles...please see my post in the classified section.

View attachment 426122
View attachment 426123
View attachment 426124
View attachment 426125
Honda got confused about trim stuff it seems lately. Looks great blacked out. Love the hitch extension . That's lookin' good.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice, I think there is a smokey film that you can put on the front H that doesn't affect the radar.
Thank you! If you find out what it is, please post. I'd be interested as long as it doesn't impact the radar sensor.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
4 bolts total, 2 per side, the exhaust tip come off and are ready for black powder coat…
What are your thoughts on just using a high-temperature black spray paint?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts