Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a more aggressive tire and wheel! I went with a 17 x 8 wheel and a taller side wall... size 245 65 17. I was going to get the BFG K02 but the Falken did better by 50 ft stopping distance on wet road, and it was substantially cheaper! Very happy so far!
The offset is +35 also so the wheel got pushed out by approximately 9/16 of an inch !

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
I am very seriously thinking about joining the 17" camp. Nice choice. I may go up a size or two on the tire running a 1.5" leveling kit.

I like the dark wheel contrast to your white paint!

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,344 Posts
Did you compare weight for the new tire / wheel combo compared to stock?

It would be helpful to post that info!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am very seriously thinking about joining the 17" camp. Nice choice. I may go up a size or two on the tire running a 1.5" leveling kit.

I like the dark wheel contrast to your white paint!
I didn't want to mess with the height so this worked best for me! If I went wider I would have had a rubbing situation! Thanks for the compliment...I've been trying to keep the black and white theme going!

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,344 Posts
Combined weight of wheels and tires is a subject that has been coming up a bit here on the ROC for those interested in "upgrading" their new purchase. Stock wheels / tires for the GenII are probably about 60lbs each. It is often difficult to figure out the weight differences of new tires / wheels as manufactures and retailers are lazy / reluctant to provide this info. Any info you could provide would be helpful . . .

I really like the look of the your wheel / tire combo, but my guess is that you added major unsprung weight with your wheel / tire change. I can understand that you may not want to know the weight now since the deal is done, and or that it is a PIA to remove one of your wheels and weigh. Still it would be nice to know!

PS: You can use a bathroom scale. Weigh yourself first , and then weigh yourself holding the wheel.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Factory combo is in fact 60 pounds exactly on my non calibrated scale.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How about your gas mileage? I know I've had a drop of 2-3mpg in my silverado going from factory Bridgestone tires to Goodyear A/T tires.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Verdict is still out on gas mileage! I have been getting on it a lot more lately! Don't drive it that much. Will report when some data has been collected! I think gas mileage will definitely drop some though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts