Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Black RTL-T with Grey SoftTopper, Black Rhino Warlords and 2" lift kit

Hey there ROC'rs. Just finished installing a new SoftTopper this weekend, I went with the grey...I'm digging the color after debating between the grey and black for awhile. I needed it for so many things, from hauling my 150lb dog to motorcycles. I think the SoftTopper is the way to go, as t-covers and hard shells both have their BIG disadvantages, and the pricing is fair too- at about $800- BTW, Veterans get a shipping discount ($0). Installation was a breeze, I'm a big fan of this company from here on out!

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Maybe it's time for some black aluminum full length steps and/or black OEM roof rails...starting to get that gnarly look i'm going for....but the rub on the 255/70/17 tires is a bit annoying. Also, I've been really thinking about the Nano ceramic coatings they have out there. I got in touch with a paint shop to repair some scratches my boy put into the rear quarter trying to get his bike up in the bed and the owner of the body shop was really talking it up, he has it on a couple of his tow trucks- AND he doesn't do the work! -but referred me to the shop that does

·
0 Posts
thanks for the pics. I never heard of the Softopper before, and looks like it might be what I'm looking for. Did you have to drill anything? And is it waterproof?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Install was a one-man job in about an hour if its your first time- NO DRILLING. A very good quality product from this company. I went through a pretty good storm yesterday and it seems pretty waterproof/dry back there- but I didn't crawl in to confirm for sure. They will send you swatches of fabric in the 3 colors available- I went with the grey BC it was a dark shade, if it was any lighter I would have gone black.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looking good! I ordered a gray one today to match my metallic steel. Do you have to pretreat the seams with sealant before putting it on?
Also in picture 2 I'm concerned that your house is on fire. (;

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does comes with seamsealer, I have not gone over them yet. That vent on the side of the house is from my pellet stove, there is usu a bit of black smoke when it runs out of pellets, but that's also like 10 years of buildup- yeah, I guess a good powerwashing is long overdue, lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Itsonlymike
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing