Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my black RTL w/ NAV today. It's awesome! I've put 50 miles on it already just playing around. All is not perfect however. The paint on the rear bumper right where it meets the fender is pealing a bit. I pointed it out to the dealer before I paid for it and they're going to fix it. I also have a tiny rattle on the passenger side somewhere. I'll have them look at it while they do the back up cam and bumper.

When I was looking for the rattle, I found 2 black plastic square things in my glove box. Any idea what they are? I got all excited when I found them because I was sure they were causing the rattle but it's still there :mad: .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Let me be the first to congratulate you on an awesome purchase. You are going to be smiling for a long time to come.

Good for you for going with NAV and the backup camera. We love ours and we are so GLAD that we went for all we wanted instead of skimping.

The tabs you found are for the front license plate, if I remember right. We're required to display one here, but some states don't make you put one on the front. I think those cover the screws. If I'm wrong, someone will give you the right answer.

So how come all we get is a pic of those silly pieces of plastic? We want to see your Truck!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats on the new truck purchase!! ...and yes, the two tabs would clip into the front bumper had you not needed the front license plate bracket. This was the topic of a thread a couple months ago. Congrats again, get your issues squared away and enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Ruffles, Welcome to the best RL forum on the web! Glad to see you picked the right color too. My family had really enjoyed our black RTS until recently and were lucky enough to get one with a higher vin# so we think we have bypasssed the wind noise and water leaks. Our's was garaged, babied and washed weekly. However, when washing her last weekend we spotted the paint peeling you had talked about right above the rear mud flaps about a two inch long area on both sides!
It appears as if the prep-work was not done before they shot the final black color. I came unglued and almost blew a head gasket!! I took our 6 week old down to the Honda dealer and showed them and we were told that this was caused by road debris! I asked them how crap from the road could get between the metal fender and plastic bumper cover and the service guy said that it could be caused by road salt or gravel roads! (Road Salt, in California?!?) I'm so pissed off I wanted to park my piece of crap on thier front lawn and light it on fire! I don't even look at the thing anymore! Just makes me madder. I really hope they take care of yours. PLEASE post your results.
Drive safe.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
shovelhd said:
Relax, 5S. There's a TSB for peeling paint on the bumper.

Peeling Paint TSB
"Thank the maker", Shovelhd you are so loved!! What's next? I printed the TSB link you gave me, now do I go back to my stealer's service clown and shove it up his azz nicely? or should I just call American Honda's phone number?

Thank you very much! for your help on this mater as I'm still in love with her, it's the Stealer I'm really pissed at! I paid cash for crying out loud! Now I know I should not have done that! BTW, do you ride a Harley too??

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
WTF????

It's a production problem. Honda has a TSB. Your vehicle will be fixed under warranty.

What else do you need to know?????

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
shovelhd said:
WTF????

It's a production problem. Honda has a TSB. Your vehicle will be fixed under warranty.

What else do you need to know?????
I just wanted to know: “Do I give the service department the TSB I got from you!” What does WTF???? mean?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Yes, I would give the service department the TSB number that LadyRidge posted.

I'll let you figure the rest out yourself. Good luck, and I hope your paint problem is fixed properly and quickly.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
shovelhd said:
Yes, I would give the service department the TSB number that LadyRidge posted.

I'll let you figure the rest out yourself. Good luck, and I hope your paint problem is fixed properly and quickly.
I’m so grateful to you and the ROC! I need to officially apologize to you and the entire ROC for my infantile venting on this thread. After being treated as we were at the dealer I just lost it! Please accept my sincere apology as my wife and I truly appreciate your knowledge and help in this matter. I assure you this will never happen again. I’ll go vent in the garage next time. Thank you all.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
5S - don't worry about it. It sucks when your new vehicle has problems. Mine hasn't had your issue, but I got hit from behind with less than 2k on the clock. I found a great local body shop who did a superb job. You will too. Good luck and welcome to the ROC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts