Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm looking for a oem sized black and chrome tailgate emblem as opposed to plastidipping it. Has anyone found one large enough?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I used Honda part# 75700-fc-blk. It’s “black chrome” but looks pretty dark. I was very happy with the results.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pics make it look lighter than it really is. Since its black chrome, it depends on how the light is hitting it, but normally its pretty dark. To me, it matches the other "black chrome" trim pieces on the bumper.
View attachment 398038
View attachment 398039
View attachment 398040
View attachment 398041
View attachment 398042
The pics make it look lighter than it really is. Since its black chrome, it depends on how the light is hitting it, but normally its pretty dark. To me, it matches the other "black chrome" trim pieces on the bumper.
View attachment 398038
View attachment 398039
View attachment 398040
View attachment 398041
View attachment 398042
Is that emblem from a civic?
Is it possible you measure it for me?
Did you just install it with 3m tape?
Sorry for all the questions

The oem ridgeline emblem is 6inch by 5inches.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Is that emblem from a civic?
Is it possible you measure it for me?
Did you just install it with 3m tape?
Sorry for all the questions

The oem ridgeline emblem is 6inch by 5inches.
No worries :)

Yes, its from a 2016+ civic- 75700-FC-BLK. It measures ~4.5"w x ~3.75"h (oem emblem is ~5.75"w x ~4.75"h, so about 1/2" smaller on all sides).
For the install, I used the plastic pin tabs from the oem emblem and some 3m tape around the side. Basically the same as how the oem one is attached.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries :)

Yes, its from a 2016+ civic- 75700-FC-BLK. It measures ~4.5"w x ~3.75"h (oem emblem is ~5.75"w x ~4.75"h, so about 1/2" smaller on all sides).
For the install, I used the plastic pin tabs from the oem emblem and some 3m tape around the side. Basically the same as how the oem one is attached.
How did you use the plastic pin tabs from the oem emblem on the new emblem?

·
Registered
239 Posts
How did you use the plastic pin tabs from the oem emblem on the new emblem?
On the oem emblem, there are plastic "tabs" that fit over the pins on the back. I just took them off the original and put them on the replacement. The distance between the pins are not 100% the same, but close enough to fit in the holes of the tailgate and keep it secure.

·
Registered
239 Posts
At the time I may have paid $49? I don't remember. Supposedly it's oem. I thought I had a picture of opposite side of it, but cant find it right now. I'll keep looking. I'm not a fan of plastidip or flat black emblems, so this seemed like a good alternative.

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
585 Posts
I think that black emblem would look good. Is there a source for black AWD or Ridgeline emblems?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts