Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I wonder why I got black, but it looks so good when clean. Some products I have found to really work for me. Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Shine. Best car wash I have had, leaves a nice shine and super economical. Optimum no rinse wash with carnauba. It's like a heavy duty detail, really works well. One over the counter product that is good, Meguiars ultimate spray wash and wax, best spray detailer/wax I have used. The Optimum was the game changer for those in between times when the truck is dusty/dirty from dry stretches and some rain driving. One oz in a bucket with a gallon and a half of water. Use a micro fiber towel as the wash mitt, one section at a time and the glass too. Dry with clean towels and WOW. Really works well.:nerd:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Good to hear, I use a lot of Chemical Guys products and Meguiars, I will have to check to check out the wash. I recommend the Chemical Guys clay luber and the clay block, It makes claying the RL super easy and fast, and if you drop it just wipe it off and keep using it since it is not clay and it is a type if rubber material.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Black is awesome when it's cleaned and waxed. Other than those 6 times a year I hated it....lol.
I had a black 96' Z28 Camaro and I used Turtle Wax Jet Black kit on it.
I just finished waxing it and took it to town to fill with gas.
While at the gas station a local detail shop owner came up to the car and said "It's pretty easy to get plastic to shine real good isn't it"
As I walked by him I knocked on the metal fender and said "that's all metal bud" and went in to pay for gas. He just stood there amazed...lol.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wife has a black Mustang GT convertible. Looks FA when cleaned up and waxed, but never again will we buy another black vehicle.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I LOVE black vehicles, especially when they are clean. It's just too GD Hot down here in Texas summer for black though. Instead I opted for the "Stormtrooper" look, White 2012 Sport with Black accents. Cheers

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Black is awesome when it's cleaned and waxed. Other than those 6 times a year I hated it....lol.
I had a black 96' Z28 Camaro and I used Turtle Wax Jet Black kit on it.
I just finished waxing it and took it to town to fill with gas.
While at the gas station a local detail shop owner came up to the car and said "It's pretty easy to get plastic to shine real good isn't it"
As I walked by him I knocked on the metal fender and said "that's all metal bud" and went in to pay for gas. He just stood there amazed...lol.
Musta been knocking on the rear fender. The fronts are plastic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more product that I use and recommend is Jax Wax Hawaiian Shine detailer. Can use with a wet or dry vehicle , spray and buff off with micro. Economical and effective, I buy it by the gallon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts