Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I played around this afternoon and decided to black out the Honda rims so they didn't have that much aluminum showing. I think it looks so much better and it was a breeze to do. I'm sure lady Ridge could come up with a pattern for this to make it easier. I had cut the 24 "spokes" out of vinyl rocker(rough texture) material.

I also added a wheel well bead to the wheel wells to give it a little more detail. It looked a little unfinished for me. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
I think the middle photo shows the fender well bead Vinny applied. I like it! The wheels look just different enough to get noticed. Well done Vinny.:D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It looks great. I can see how that would bother someone with a black truck more than it would other owners.

Where did you buy the wheel well bead? I want some.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The "bead" is in all of the pictures, it is very subtle. Its just enough to give it some detail without being over powering IMHO. ;)

Thanx for the compliment!

I love this truck, and I LOVE this forum. I have a brand new MB roadster and I have to say its not getting much road time these days. :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I posted the link for the bead and the vinyl from JC Whitney. The bead is also sold at Pep Boys. It's 3/8" black, and it does come in chrome and gold also. Just make sure you "cut" the moulding at the break in the panels because the flexing of the rubber bumber front and rear will cause the moulding to seperate from the truck over time. If you look closely at the pics, you can see where I cut the front moulding.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Nice job and a great idea.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice job Vinny! Hopefully the vinyl doesn't fly off down the road 'cause it will probably look like you have some busted-up rims. :D

If I haven't welcomed you to the club already...welcome!! The more BLACK RLs the better! :D Be sure to post your zip code at the following thread and I'll add you to our ROC Stars Map.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I like it. You beat me to it. Ultra-Hog & I discussed such a thing at the ROC @ the Rock. I think I'm going to do it as well, but may wait until I get the chrome versions, then black those out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I planned on getting new rims(eventually), but I figured this would keep me happy for a while until I decide what chrome rims I really want. Plus, being in the North East, I figured I'd go a winter season with the stock RTL rims.

Now if I could only find side steps I like, I'd be set for a while :D
I like the westin ovals, but they said they have nothing in the works for the Ridgeline :( and I'm not that impressed with the Aires...but we'll see.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice rims. Have you looked at the AMP research retractable running boards? They had them at SEMA for the ridge as a demo.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did look at he retractable steps, but i actually like the look of the steps showing. I thought i would be going with the Honda steps until they stopped making them. I'll wait and see if Honda comes out with a new set or Westin makes the oval bars, or someone else comes out with an oval set.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts